Citroen c3 - false witness statement? - Lizzi-1

I was involved in a car acident on 1/11/11 whereby a car went right into back of mine whilst i was moving - i have just turned a corner and due to parked cars you need to go slowly but as i have just got around the corner another car swung round behing me and went straight into my car - female driver got out and apologised and said she could not get brakes on - her car passenger headlamp was badly damaged my car had a slight cuff to bumper but nothing cosmetically really but when you press bumper it just flexs right in now

i called my insurane ten minutes after accident no witnesses were present it was straight forward as far as i was concerned i would pop car into garage and get bumper fixed and not be too costly to the other driver as it was their fault

after two weeks the other driver had still not made contact with her insurance and her insurane were attempting to make contact with her, finally they have managed to speak to her but she denies being at fault and states she has a witness. no witnesses were at the scence and both her and i drove off at same time as i could see her car directly behind me along rest of the road.

i have received witness testimony today and its all been fabricated and alledged that i was reversing at 15mph and her car was stationery as well as her using her horn to alert me - none of that is true and her witness claims to not know her but upon a little investigation on social networking sites i seem to have found a link possibly showing they do know each other.

any help would be appreciated on this and i have advised my insurance i will accept no form of liability and will progress with court action?

thanks for reading

Liz

Edited by Lizzi-1 on 12/12/2011 at 19:32

Citroen c3 - false witness statement? - tony g
Hi liz,
It's often forgotten that as motorists were not obliged to deal with insurance companies after an accident .We can sort a situation out ourselves if we prefer.

I've been involved in similar situations were an individual has been at fault and damaged my car.I guess that by ignoring the issue they hope you will give up and not pursue them.

As you say in your final paragraph ,do pursue them through the small claims court. The total amount of your liability is about £150 in court costs.

If you win, as looks likely,you will recover the costs plus the cost of the repairs to your car.

It's one thing for an individual to mess an insurance company about.I very much doubt they would be prepared to do the same thing to a judge.

Exactly the same thing happened to me five years ago.

I took action via the small claims court,it's a simple procedure.I arrived at court with a short written statement giving the details of the accident,plus two estimates for the repair costs.

The other party didn't attend ,so judgement was in my favour.

The court issued an order for him to pay me ,with court costs in total about £400 more than the actual cost of the repair.

He ignored the courts letters,so they sent bailiffs who seized his car.
I received the money I was owed and he paid an additional £1000 in court and bailiff charges.Plus his car was sold at auction without reserve .
An expensive lesson for him.

I hope your problem works out as well as mine did.

If possible please let us know the outcome.

Regards

Tony g

Citroen c3 - false witness statement? - Armitage Shanks {p}

There's a good lesson for the World! Don't mess with tony g! A cracking result!

Citroen c3 - false witness statement? - rtj70

You should contact the police. Her car is likely to be damaged and if it has been repaired they can find evidence of repair.

In the meantime do not get yours repaired. There may be evidence of paint on yours.

I know it's not a failed to stop for an accident scenario but do try this,

Citroen c3 - false witness statement? - Dwight Van Driver

Is your testament evidence in the form of statement and headed:

This statement, consisting of ...pages, each signed by me, is true to the best of my knowledge and belief and I make it knowing that if it is tendered in evidence I shall be liable to prosecution if I have wilfully stated in it anything which is false or I do not believe to be true

Signed:

If so cab be classed as perjury.....

dvd