Ford Fiesta Ghia (03 Plate) - Heating Deterioration - HonestGal

Hello All - Just got my car back from an MOT and my heating has severely deteriorated - even though it was in perfect working order prior to this. I usually have it just over half-way on (just in the red) and it's always been comfortable, but now, even though it's on full it's just about warm.

I rang the perosn who carried out the MOT (three days ago) and they said it must be the 'valve' and that it would be £80 for the 'valve' + £45 to fit it = £125. I am female, not very mechanically minded and can't help thinking I'm being conned here...sorry, but I do!

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

HonestGal

Ford Fiesta Ghia (03 Plate) - Heating Deterioration - elekie&a/c doctor

There is no part of an mot test that would interfere with the operation of the heater.Also an 03 Fiesta has no heater valve(assuming it is the boxy shape model with the rear lights up to the roofline).I would check the level of engine coolant and also the condition of the cabin air filter.hth

Ford Fiesta Ghia (03 Plate) - Heating Deterioration - HonestGal

There is no part of an mot test that would interfere with the operation of the heater.Also an 03 Fiesta has no heater valve(assuming it is the boxy shape model with the rear lights up to the roofline).I would check the level of engine coolant and also the condition of the cabin air filter.hth

Many thanks for your response...good to know that my car has no heater valve as it IS the boxy shape model with the rear lights up to the roofline! I'll try and check the cabin air filter (or at least ask someone to have a look at it for me lol)...

Thanks again

HonestGal