Mini/peugoet - Swapping a 03 mini cooper S with a 08 Peugoet 207 - Noworries2004

Hi

i was offered a swap of my mini cooper S 2003(120 miles) with a Peugoet 207 (1.4 diesel, 56Kms). anyone got any reviews on the 207. The mileage is killing me with the mini travelling 70 miles a day not motoway, Also i need a bigger car for increasing family run around car.

Any opinions would be appreciated. Gutted to be getting rid of my mini but have to.

Peugoet has full service history and looks clean.

Also puegoet has low road tax.

Thanks

Mini/peugoet - Swapping a 03 mini cooper S with a 08 Peugoet 207 - Peter.N.

My sons father in law has a 207 diesel which he bought new, he has covered something like 200,000 miles in it so far and I think it has broken down once. He does a long daily commute and gets about 70 mpg, he does drive fairly gently though.

I have a 406 Hdi estate which is the same engine family but a much heavier car and I can get 60 mpg+ from that, again, driven gently.

If you look up 'Parkers reviews' you will be able to see what other owners think about them..

Mini/peugoet - Swapping a 03 mini cooper S with a 08 Peugoet 207 - Big John

The 207 1.4 diesel was one of the last Peugeots that remained without the dreaded Diesel Particulate Filter - Still may be OK on an 08 - If so good news!!

A colleague of mine has one and gets about 65mpg (80 mile commute). It has always suffered from a bit of turbo lag when setting off - only gets going after about 2500 rpm but is great on the open road. It is surprisingly refined and comfortable.

Edited by Big John on 22/11/2011 at 23:25

Mini/peugoet - Swapping a 03 mini cooper S with a 08 Peugoet 207 - Noworries2004

Still not sure, 173 BHp to 90 is a big drop,

Now looking at vaxhaul vectra which i could pick up handy enough,

Big decision will be driving 300miles plus a week so will need my comfort too,