volkswagen corrado - 2.0 9A having trouble starting when left overnight - sarge7

as the description of subject quotes im having trouble starting her ...about a month ago i noticed that on my days off (2) when i wasnt using the car to start her up a couple of days later was a struggle.. once started you could turn her off and she would start 20 times out of 20 ... but now leaving her overnight and starting her first time is not happenning ..yesterday it wouldnt start at all .. i have re timed her @ 7 degrees put new plugs in changed coil and coil lead she took some starting again.. but had a slight misfire .... warmes her up took her for a drive ...turned her off and on again no probs ...:-0

this morning same agaain it took ages for her to start.. to the point where she drained the battery ...we have fuel and spark timed up correctly but she is struggling ... has also come up with a slight misfire down low since yesterday ... any help would be massively appreciated thank you ......

volkswagen corrado - 2.0 9A having trouble starting when left overnight - sarge7

i would just like to add it has just done 150 k ... thx

volkswagen corrado - 2.0 9A having trouble starting when left overnight - brum

1st thoughts are you probably need a new battery.

I dont know what vintage this motor is, I had a 1994 Mk3 Golf with a 1.4 engine that after being stood a while was a real pig to start. Changed all the usual ignition components,plugs,leads,cap,rotor,battery etc to no avail. In the end (due to it breaking down completely) it was the hall sensor in the distributor that was dicky. A complete new distributor (£75 exchange from VW dealer) and it was all hunky dory.

Edited by brum on 11/11/2011 at 14:30

thank you for your reply...it is coming down to that... in fact i thought of changing everything electrical related including dizzy... it just doesnt make sense that once its running there are no issues thank you for you r reply ....

volkswagen corrado - 2.0 9A having trouble starting when left overnight - Avant

Moved to Technical.