51-plate Astra G 1.8 16v SRI - Running Problems, Astra G 1.8 16v SRI - Dante010182

Hi can anyone with the best knowledge and had the same problem with a good outcome to getting it fixed please please help me.

I bought my 51 Astra 1.8 SRI a week ago, two days after the EML came on and has been since, it was followed by revs jumping from 500-2000rpm almost stools sounds like a misfire with a splutter when im warming it up, then when i pull away, the power well there just wasnt any. put clutch down and revved it hard and went on my way but then happens again a few mins later, there seems to be A shake while sat idle or at a stopped position i.e. at lights, traffic etc, the jumping revs still happen 20mins later from driving after being warmed up but the loss of power seems to of stopped when warm.

Its in the Mechanics now, had a diags done and came back O2 sensor???? Would a O2 sensor really cause this amount of problem with the running of the car?

Could the Lambda sensor cause this problem or is it me being dumb are the O2 sensor and Lambda sensor the same sensors?

PLEASE HELP ME... as i dont have that much money left to fix it. Im really worried that it could be the ECU i just couldnt afford to get a new one done, and cant afford to buy another car.

Many thanks for any good help.

51-plate Astra G 1.8 16v SRI - Running Problems, Astra G 1.8 16v SRI - Dynamic Dave

are the O2 sensor and Lambda sensor the same sensors?

Yes, some people call it one or the other, but it's the same.

51-plate Astra G 1.8 16v SRI - Running Problems, Astra G 1.8 16v SRI - Dante010182

Thought they were lol.

Dave do you have any idea what could cause this problem, I have also checked

the MAF and thats fine aswell.

To test the coil pack can i remove it from its mount and put the spark plugs in the end and see if they spark while removed from engine, to see if there is a fault with them or not?

51-plate Astra G 1.8 16v SRI - Running Problems, Astra G 1.8 16v SRI - TeeCee

Sounds like it could well be the lambda sensor.

Other symptoms would include higher fuel consumption and sooty plugs.

The Lambda senser and plugs have been replaced, deffo not them now. The garage has said he will take it back to his workshop and strip the throttle body and clean it out completely then we can narrow that out aswell if its ok. but if you can think of other things thats could cause please let me know.

Thanks