VW golf mk4 tdi 150 - Turbo boost problems - Please Help!! - cwiseman

Hi, Im new to this forum and came on hoping that some nice helpful people would be able to help me out with my problem.

I have a mk4 golf tdi 150 and it wont boost before 3k which in turn causes limp mode if it lags for too long which is basically whenever your on the motorway. If you put in a high gear and put your foot down, as there is no boost it will take ages to get to 3k so if it takes over about 3 secs then goes into limp mode.

Ive had the turbo replaced but is a recon. I didnt have a problem with boost on the old unit but since replacing it ive had this problem. Ive tried adjusting the stop screw and actuator rod length and doesnt seem to make much difference. Ive since put them back to original positions. Ive had the turbo sent back and they said it was in perfect condition but to make sure they did recalibrate it.

Other parts ive replaced are all the vacuum hoses, vacuum reservoir, and the N75 valve. All of which didnt make a difference. Also have done the test on MAF and seems fine. Also tested the actuator and is also fine.

Its been on vag-com and it does show it boosting fully and everything seems fine but only once it hits around 3k which it should be 1.8k.

It really does feel like its not the turbo thats the problem and there is no vacuum until high revs or something.

Is there a sensor or something that tells the N75 when to open???

Any help is really appreciated and this has been an on going problem for 6 months now and its getting very tiring.

Thanks, Chris

VW golf mk4 tdi 150 - Turbo boost problems - Please Help!! - injection doc

It may be worth a check of the camshaft to make sure the lobes arnt worn out ! this causes some really odd symptons on these and is the exhaust system ok

What happened to the old turbo ?

VW golf mk4 tdi 150 - Turbo boost problems - Please Help!! - ***golf***gttdi (150)

i had the same problem with mine i also changed every think you have and i stil had no boost so i changed the maf sensor and its fine so i recomend you try changing yours

VW golf mk4 tdi 150 - Turbo boost problems - Please Help!! - Losmi88

how you fix problem,please help/.thanks

VW golf mk4 tdi 150 - Turbo boost problems - Please Help!! - Crasher

If there are no fault codes strored, fit a new genuine VW delaer supplied exchnage Air Mass Meter.

VW golf mk4 tdi 150 - Turbo boost problems - Please Help!! - Losmi88

The problem is in the turbo, we tried 3 garret turbo and the problem is still present.In the end we put KK Turbo and the car works perfectly