my car - sideswipe on roundabout - justadriver

Back in April, I was involved in a minor accident on a roundabout and the front wing of my car was scraped by the trailer of a goods vehicle who pulled out across me, and only avoided serious damage because I was able to safely stop in time. my damage was absolutely minimal, caused by the other person cutting across my car (after stopping then carrying on!) , and no damage to goods trailer, but the driver is claiming for whiplash! Ii had 2 hours on the scene of the incident with an investigator (ex traffic police) who concluded that i am not at fault and I am pleased to say that the insurance company are willing to go to court to contest this claim. Will the insurance company pursue the other driver for a fraudulent claim? What next?

my car - sideswipe on roundabout - concrete
Hello justadriver, something similar happened to me a couple of years ago. HGV cutting the corner on a roundabout. Months of lies and denials from the driver despite strong evidence to support me. Insurance company were useless but I have legal assistance and they were quite good, if slow. Eventually on the eve of a court summons being issued the other side gave in. B@stards! All that lying and wriggling over months and months, only to admit it in the end. Stick to your guns and go to court. County court is decided on the balance on probabilities so your evidence should prevail. Also get your legal rep to write to the other side and directly to the driver informing them that should they persist with a wrongful claim for personal injury and give evidence to that effect in any court then perjury will be committed, and perjury carries a potential jail term. That should galvanise their thinking. It is difficult to prove entirely that anyone is not injured, but I think an expert would expose him easily. On that basis would he take a chance and lie in court? What a risk. Good luck and stick it out. Let us know the outcome. Cheers Concrete.