Mazda 6 Diesel 2008 - Mazda 6 Diesel computer glitch or serious problem? - My_Other_Cars_A_Broomstick

Boy do i feel like i've made the biggest mistake in hell buying this car. I've had the thing since 26 August and already had it in the garage twice. I really wish i had found this forum but like anything, unless you know what you are looking for the issue never rears it's ugly head.

Anyway, after 1 week and driving it 320 miles everything seems fine. The first weekend take it home for 120miles and on the motorway the DPF light comes on. I run it for the weekend hoping that i can regenerate it. Phoned the garage to let them know on the Monday that there was a DPF issue. Obviously i'm not going to drive it 320 mile back to the garage so opt for the local Mazda dealer. Mazda dealer ask if the garage had reset the computer after they serviced it. Answer was no so they reset the computer and off i go.

Today i start up the car and set off for work to have the check engine light come on 1 mile down the road. I stop the car and phone the local Mazda dealer. I take it in and they check the computer to tell me there is a turbo code issue and needs more investigation however have now turned the light off. I relay this info to the garage i got it from and they want me to take it back there.

Question is... do i attempt to drive it the 320miles and hope no lights come on or is this bleeding computer just a temperamental b*tch. The car appears to be driving fine and i'm certain if the turbo had gone i would know about it! No obvious engine issues (yet).

Should i bail out now and get rid of the car? Reading continuous Mazda issues on here just sends me over the edge and it's only under warranty for 3 months. I really wish i'd kept my 10 year old VW.. never ever had an issue.

Mazda 6 Diesel 2008 - Mazda 6 Diesel computer glitch or serious problem? - Big John

I am afraid to to say I have a friend who had one of these from new that broke down within 600 miles with DPF issues. I think Mazda have really got it wrong here - get rid!!

Mazda 6 Diesel 2008 - Mazda 6 Diesel computer glitch or serious problem? - injection doc

Take it back now or bail !

go to this site ......... http://mazda-campaign.co.uk/

or contact contact@mazda-campaign.co.uk

All about DPMF's and serious issues and engine failures, engine runaways etc !

Mazda 6 Diesel 2008 - Mazda 6 Diesel computer glitch or serious problem? - Med

HI, As injectiondoc mentions -

We run the Mazda campaign site and will help you every step of the way as far as possible.

Join us: www.mazda-campaign.co.uk and help us change the manufacturer and dealers way of dealing with these sorts of issues!

Best Regards,

Mehdi - Admin
www.mazda-campaign.co.uk

Mazda 6 Diesel 2008 - Mazda 6 Diesel computer glitch or serious problem? - balleballe

Sorry to hear of your problems - I'm guessing it's the 2.0D as opposed to the 2.2D?

I know what your getting at balleballe, the 2.0d suffer so many problems especially with the DPF and oil changing frequencies.

The 2.2d as of yet have only heard of one story whereas the oil rose but only by a fraction, the only other problem was the o2 sensors which i believe had been fixed.

Mazda 6 Diesel 2008 - Mazda 6 Diesel computer glitch or serious problem? - balleballe

I know what your getting at balleballe, the 2.0d suffer so many problems especially with the DPF and oil changing frequencies.

The 2.2d as of yet have only heard of one story whereas the oil rose but only by a fraction, the only other problem was the o2 sensors which i believe had been fixed.

I believe the sensor problem only effected the first 'batch' of 2.2D's

My mate had one and took it back to the dealer - The dealership had sold 3 of them at the time and all 3 needed the same work done.

Yeah i believe your right.

I was one of the unlucky 2.0d drivers...im being told that i carried out short journeys - being i done 12,000 miles in 10 months.....

My oil levels were way way above maximum, after 5 days of checking the oil levels and that caused an engine run-away. That's as short as i can make 2 years of my life fighting, and its still on-going.

Mazda 6 Diesel 2008 - Mazda 6 Diesel computer glitch or serious problem? - My_Other_Cars_A_Broomstick

Yes it's a 2.0D.. current situation update. I took it into the original garage on 20 Sept. They ran a full check on it and then told me there was no logged faults turbo or otherwise. They did say that they couldn't check previous history as the computer had been reset (whats the point then??) nor could they give me a printout of the check. However since then i have drove it almost 1000miles and everything seems to be ok.. so far. I am very tempted to get in touch with the previous owner as i have his address on the service history. However would he even admit a problem if there was as he has obviously traded the thing in at 34,000 miles?