Vaxuhall Zafria - Mixing Winter and All season tyres - bazza1603

Hi

Can I ask peoples opinions if this is safe or not? I know your not meant to mix summer and winter tyres

Just invested in 2 winter tyres and will stick them on my spare rims for the front. I was looking for a second pair for the rears when I thought about all seasons. The rear summer tyres are down to 4.5mm, so this would kill two birds if they are suitable

Or I am best sourcing 2 more rims and tyres?

Thanks

Barry

Vaxuhall Zafria - Mixing Winter and All season tyres - oldtoffee

I'd buy 2 more winter tyres on spare rims. Not sure mixing winter and all season is a great idea, probably not a bad one but IMO it must be best to have 4 winters and swap them over March time. At 4.5mm your summer ttyres and less than half worn so put those on the front in March and 2 new summer tyres on the back. I've had all season and winter and there's a big difference between them in the snow and slush, the winters are much grippier and provide an extra margin of safety especially when braking.

Vaxuhall Zafria - Mixing Winter and All season tyres - Victorbox

There is a school of thought here that the tyres with the most tread should be on the back anyway so you would need two more winter tyres with full tread to go on the rear.