Ford S-MAX 1.8TDCi - Flat Battery After New Pads And Discs Fitted - stevevalo

After replacing the front discs and pads, a few days later the battery was completely discharged. After recharging and reconnecting the battery I noticed that a motor was running. I traced this to the ABS pump motor, this was confirmed by removing the 40amp fuse protecting that circuit,

Any ideas what has caused the ABS pump to continue running even when the key is not in the ignition, has it anything to do with the replacing the front discs and pads?

Ford S-MAX 1.8TDCi - Flat Battery After New Pads And Discs Fitted - Peter D

Something not right here. First thing to check is if the brake lights are permanently on. i.e. a faulty brake light switch. Regards Peter

The brake lights seem to be wroking fine.

Ford S-MAX 1.8TDCi - Flat Battery After New Pads And Discs Fitted - madf

check the front ABS sensors and wiring. You may have damaged one and shorted it to earth.

I've checked the wiring and everything seems ok, I'll take it to ford and see if there is any fault codes.

I got the fault codes checked at the weekend. The only fault showing is a bad earth on the ABS motor.

But the gargage I took it to didn't have the equipment to check for a bad earth.

Would this cause the motor to run all the time?

Ford S-MAX 1.8TDCi - Flat Battery After New Pads And Discs Fitted - madf

I got the fault codes checked at the weekend. The only fault showing is a bad earth on the ABS motor.

But the gargage I took it to didn't have the equipment to check for a bad earth.

Would this cause the motor to run all the time?

Hmm

I would not entrust any electriacl diagnosis to them. I take it they were not Ford dealers?

It depends what the bad earth was.. which component was not earthed properly. You need to find a competent garage which knows what it is doing.