307 d turbo - 307 d turbo 2002 engine management. - skulljester

Hi all, i have had a problem with this car for 6 months now. The engine management light sometimes comes on when i would put my foot down in 4th and 5th gear which would force it into limp mode.

I have had the FAP fluid topped up and also has been on a diagnosis and they said boost pressure sensor was the problem. I never let the garage do any of the work as i just wanted the diagnosis from them, as i can do the work myself. Also the fact that he wanted to strip the engine down (turbo) to see actaully what the problem was as he didn't know.

I have taken the car down the motorway in 4th gear at over 70mph as i was told that does a force regen, after starting the car the next day the car was running much better and you could hear the whistle from the turbo. But once the car was low on diesel it started to run sluggish (no power from the turbo). Once i put my foot down it then forced it into limp mode, now i have noticed if i turn the engine off for 10 seconds and start the car again the esp light would go off and would allow me to rev over 3000 revs, but would still lack that power from the turbo.

After putting £30 of diesel in the car and driving it carefully the enegine management light would go off and the power would be back.

If anyone would know the problem to this i would be very grateful, i dont want to fork out hundreds of pounds for an egr valve, or a garage to strip it down to charge me for something they dont know what the problem is.

Also to add i thought it was the map sensor thats located ontop of the coolent radiator, after changing this still no change. Also i noticed the other week that the pipe that goes from the turbo to the coolent radiator was loose and would leak abit of oil, after tighting this back up still would make no diffrence to limp mode.

Hope someone can help,

Thank you, kevin.

307 d turbo - 307 d turbo 2002 engine management. - mickeybo

these 307's have 3 different engine' codes Rhy-Rhs-Rhz..Any how if your turbo is whistling it's past it's sale by date. Your turbo boost solenoid valve is to your left standing in front of vehicle at the bottom of engine. Ifind the best way to check these is with a small vacuum gauge or vac pump check vac at input port side of valve engine idling reading should be approx 25/26 inhg ish then check vac at output side of valve check at Map sensor plug disconnected key on no 3 terminal has a 5v feed Terminal 1 earth terminal 2is signal return wire yo ecu. If you can back probe terminal 2 plug connected engine idling should show a voltage of approx 2.1v's when revved should show approx over 3 v's Regards Mickeybo