Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 "Life", 2007 model( March 2007) - Trip meter - beanstalker

I own the above car and would like an answer to a question. When I went on a journey to Lincoln last week I pressed the stalk on the dashboard to reset the trip meter to zero. Nothing happened. After the journey I looked up the handbook and it would appear my model does not have this particular facility. You have to have the onboard computer apparently which being only the second level model up mine does not have. I am puzzled as to why I still have a stalk in that case as it seems to be completely redundant.

I welcome an answer.

Many thanks.

Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 "Life", 2007 model( March 2007) - Trip meter - 1litregolfeater

Don't be puzzled be grateful!

Lots of consumer items like cars are built to a standard, then upgraded or downgraded to meet particular marketing targets.

A redundant feature can sometimes be made to work, like cruise control, you have to search the web and add the missing bits. You may need to do no more than enable that missing item.

You would need an appropriate electronic interface to do this.

Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 "Life", 2007 model( March 2007) - Trip meter - Victorbox

You certainly don't need a trip computer as our 2002 Corsa with no such computer has a push button to reset trip meter. You do need to hold push stalk on dash in for more than a second or two to get it to zero. Even the most basic of Corsas should be able to reset the trip meter.

Edited by Victorbox on 26/07/2011 at 09:09

Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 "Life", 2007 model( March 2007) - Trip meter - beanstalker

Thanks very much for that. I did hold it down for a few seconds and it worked. I couldnt have held it down for long enough.