Volvo S40/V40 - Air Con Regas - sturichie

Can any one suggest what I should have to pay to have the Air con regassed? I assume that this is the issue as even when air con is on and at its lowest we still get warm air! The car is a 2008 diesel.

We also have an XC90 and the AC seems fine but wonder if i am having one done should I have both! Has anyone any experience of having it done and any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Volvo S40/V40 - Air Con Regas - Bobbin Threadbare

Kwik Fit is £49 regardless of the car. I just had mine done and it's fine; got a deal with the MOT and service so mine cost £25 instead.

Edited by Bobbin Threadbare on 23/07/2011 at 12:35

Volvo S40/V50 - Air Con Regas - S40 Man

I have a 2.0 D S40 2004. I had my air con regassed last year. It worked OK for a while but is no longer working.

Do you know about Volvo forums see link http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=127432

It may be compressor issue. Let us know how you get on eith regas as I am thinking of having mine regassed too but don't want to speend 50 notes for it to last only 6 months or so. To me £10 a month for air con is a con.

A replacement compressor is also expensive - not easy.

I am probably going to leave mine. It's the first car Ive had with air con anyway so it' not like it's essential.

Used to post years ago as James S

Volvo S40/V50 - Air Con Regas - pd

If it is losing gas the most likely culprit is the condensor which is the aircon radiator at the front of the car. They are vunerable to road damage. The compressor will not normally cut in if the system has no gas.

When the system is recharged they should put a UV dye in it which means if it leaks it is possible to find the leak by waving a UV light around under the bonnet.

Volvo S40/V50 - Air Con Regas - Paul G1pdc

HI. you said the cars a 2008 model,

can't you take the car back to the volvo dealer, 3 year warrenty, or if its only slightly out of warrenty period you might be able to get a %age of the costs paid as a good will...

paul.

v40. 102k (his) 2litre

v40 38k (hers) 1.8 litre