mercedes e class - conned by a main dealer - madtommyt

i took my merc to a merc dealer (the one i bought it from) for a serivce and as the MOT was due soon but i failed on a number of items

1 both upper caster arms

2 broken exust braket

3 fuel leak

quote to repair approx £460 + vat

as the car is always parked on the same spot on the drive (with no stain) and it wasn't any harder on fuel and not unuseual noises i'd smelled a rat

so i took the car to another place an intependent merc specalist an told them eveything about the car and they put i through an test and it pasted without needing any work

no broken exust no fuel lack

i would exept from some back street boy but not a main dealer

ps sorry about my bad spelling

mercedes e class - conned by a main dealer - bathtub tom

You can appeal an MOT (pass or fail). I'd suggest you do so.

mercedes e class - conned by a main dealer - concrete

Hello tommyt, this is appalling, a main dealer stooping to those sort of tricks. I would write to your local Trading Standards Office naming the dealer and giving full details of your experience. I would also write to Mercedes Benz with the same information and asking for their comments on their own dealerships behaviour. Also informing them that you will from now on use an indepenent garage for servicing, using genuine MB parts and oil spec, and expect the manufacturers warranty to stand alongside that, because you have no confidence in your local MB dealer. Cheers Concrete