Ford Fiesta 1.4 Encore S Reg - Ford Fiesta Knocking from front, noise whilst driv - PAULYPAUL182

Ive just bought a car for next to nothing that has some faults.
1, Car pulls to the right when accelerating and going through gears but doesnt when cruising at a constant speed. It doesnt even drift when I go over rough terrain.

2, There is a knocking noise coming from the front when the car is moving and is more noticeble when going over bumps. Im assuming suspension. The shocks seem fine to me. Im wondering if this is associated with the car pulling?

3, Whilst driving there is a noticeable noise coming from the engine. Like a du du du du spinning noise. I havent noticed any problems with the actual drive itself. The noise does not occur when the car is idle or when its stationary and in gear.

4, Heater constantly blowing hot air even when dial has been set to cold. Ive read that I may need a new heater valve?

Has anyone got any ideas? The car does seem to drive nicely, Ive noticed no uneven tread on the tyres. Brakes are nice and not spongey. Car pulls off nicely and there doesnt seem to be any gearbox problems.

Ford Fiesta 1.4 Encore S Reg - Ford Fiesta Knocking from front, noise whilst driv - Bobbin Threadbare

Ive just bought a car for next to nothing that has some faults.

At the risk of sounding facetious, therein lies the problem!

The heater valve problem is quite easy to fix; there's a post further down this list about a Ford Puma HCV. Have a read; Fiestas are about the same.

Ford Fiesta 1.4 Encore S Reg - Ford Fiesta Knocking from front, noise whilst driv - PAULYPAUL182

It was my friends Grandads car. His Grandad passed away and my friend offered it me as a gift because I helped his Grandad out when he was ill.

Ill check that post, thanks. Any ideas about the other problems?

I took it into the garage and they called me back saying it was the uplinks and some bushes. All cost me £140 (which was kind of over what I expected). I picked it up today and the noise was still happening. I took it back and they put it on the ramp ran it at speed and the noise was apparent. The mechanic then took it for a drive and came back, put it on the ramp again, stroked his chin and said he thought it was either the gearbox or driveshaft. He said he couldnt be sure but his gaffer was a gearbox expert and told me to come back tomorrow.

Well I looked on the internet and typed in all the words that describe this noise and kept coming up with wheel bearings. I took the car out swerve right and left at around 30mph and noticed the noise disappear when swerving left but got somewhat louder when turning right. I felt the wheels after I took it for a ride and the right tyre is somewhat hotter than the left. I rang the garage telling them that I thought it was the wheel bearing. The guy gave me a quote and said he was 99.9% it wasnt a wheel bearing. He reckons its the driveshaft or the gear box.

This doesnt sound right to me

Ford Fiesta 1.4 Encore S Reg - Ford Fiesta Knocking from front, noise whilst driv - wazza_

It's the anti roll bushes or and or drop links, common fault in Fords, I have a 2000 Fiesta did the same, cost about £100 to replace.

Ford Fiesta 1.4 Encore S Reg - Ford Fiesta Knocking from front, noise whilst driv - Bobbin Threadbare

Very common problem. I had it on my Focus. Got all the links done for £76 in early 2010. Sorry, I meant to come back and post a bit more!