Vauxhall Zafira - failed mot emission test - deansmith

my car failed the mot on the exhaust emission test the readings are as follows its been cheked twice

first idle test

engine speed 2750-3250 rpm not checked

co max 0.30% reading was 0.39% 1st time 2nd time it was 0.46%

hc max 200 ppm reading was 57ppm 1st time 2nd time was 64 ppm

lambda 0.97-1.03 reading for both was 1.02

second fast idle test

engin speed not checked

co max 0.30% reading was 0.32 1st time 2nd time was 0.35%

hc max 200 ppm reading was 26 ppm 1st time 2nd time was 41ppm

lambda 0.97-1.03 reading was 1.01 1st time 2nd time was 1.00

natural idle speed

engine speed not checked

co max 0.50% reading was 0.29% 1st time 2nd time was 0.46%

changed mid and backbox last week sealed all joints no leeks forgot to re connect sensor befor the first test reconeckted for second test and failed with higher co could anyone help me as i do not have alot of cash to spend on getting lots of parts

Vauxhall Zafira - failed mot emission test - unthrottled

The mixture looks fine so the lambda sensor is doing its job. High CO emissions sugests the cat isn't doing it's job. What year is it? There should be a diagnostic lambda sensor post cat that should flag up a poorly performing cat.

it is an 03 model of the zafira kind

Vauxhall Zafira - failed mot emission test - 1litregolfeater

Faulty or dirty MAF, or an air leak after it, would be my initial suspicion. Doesn't look like a lambda sensor or the cat but it could be... really you need to get it on a computer and examine all the outputs

ok thanks guys so i should get some fule cleaning adertive like redex clean air filter and change maf sensor and hope for the best

Vauxhall Zafira - failed mot emission test - unthrottled

I wouldn't waste your money. If you had MAF problems you would almost certainly experience other driving problems.

I take it from their absence on your post that this is not occurring? The lambda was within spec for all the results you posted so why do you think the engine is struggling to meter airflow?