Mazda 6 - Mazda New Warranty - Med

Hi Guys, quick one:

Does the warranty on a new car purchased from Mazda begin on the day you take delivery of the car or from the day the car had been ordered??

Thanks in advance.

Mazda 6 - Mazda New Warranty - leaseman

The warranty period on any new car commences on the day that it is first registered at the DVLA.

Ok, thanks.

So i received the car on September 2008 and the car was registered as a 58 plate of which came out on that day.

Just trying to clear things up because Mazda are stating i was over-due a service and have tried applying for an excuse that i bought the car in April 2008 (which i did) and the service commences then.

Do you think it will state in the handbook or warranty book that a warranty begins on the day of registration? My barrister wants proof of this & unfortunately i dont have the information to hand.

Thank you!

Mazda 6 - Mazda New Warranty - leaseman

It should state the warranty terms in one of the books, but if the wording is the same as on the Mazda website then it will not state the date when the 36 months/ 60,000 mile cover commences. But take my word that all warranties commence on the first date of registration.

Service intervals are 12,500 miles or annually, whichever comes first, and timing of this service requirement will count from the date of first registration too.

Mazda 6 - Mazda New Warranty - daveyjp

Warranties start on the day the car is registered.

Suggesting it starts on the day a car is ordered is a nonsense and sounds like Mazda lawyers playing games and clutching at straws to avoid an expensive payout.

Mazda 6 - Mazda New Warranty - injection doc

does this help ?

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/downloadsm/35975/Mazda_6.html

Mazda 6 - Mazda New Warranty - bonzo dog

Hi Med, I hope this does not come across as acusatory (if that is a word?) but there is no way Mazda UK or a Mazda dealer is going to go legal in believing that the warranty period commences April 08 for a car not registered until Sept 08

I assume they have rejected a warranty claim citing you have not followed their service schedules?

Could you tell us when you had the car serviced, please & a bit more surrounding the circumstances

Med's car failed before 1st first service was due and under the mileage, !

Hi Bonzo dog, thanks for your replies aswell as the rest of you .

As injection doc said, my car failed before the 1st service was due, being 12,500 miles or 1 year. But!! they have come back with this...after all the nonsense of me being over-due a service:

They specifically told me to read this part of the handbook.

Section – Maintenance & Care
Sub-Section – Scheduled Maintenance

“If the vehicle is operated primarily under any of the following conditions, replace the engine oil and oil filter at every 10,000km (6,250) or shorter

a) Driving in dusty conditions

b) Extended periods of idling or low speed operation

c) Driving for long period in cold temperatures or driving regularly at short distance only

d) Driving in extremely hot conditions

e) Driving in mountainous conditions continually

What do you think!? They told me i had an engine run-away because i didnt follow the requirements of the handbook which "clearly" states what you need to do....How would a normal/average driver know what regular short driving is or isn't?? Even if Mazda warned the customer of this and they bought the car because they were going to carry out 30 miles per day, motorways are a PAIN, if they decided to do MAJOR roadworks on one of them for 2 years and 25 out of those 30 miles were heavy traffic then in theory & practice it means your carrying out a regular short distance driving style?? but you bought the car in good faith for the long journeys.

Edited by Med on 13/06/2011 at 16:31

Mobil lubricants quote, so it would appear they consider less than 5 miles per trip !

"

1. Factors and Conditions That “Shorten” the Oil Change Interval:

• Short-trip Driving - The problem is most pronounced for frequent trips under five miles in cold wintertime conditions. Water and fuel have a tendency to accumulate in the crankcase when the oil temperature doesn’t reach the thermostat setting.

Injection doc, full of info!

So, that should mean the details are not sufficiently clear for the average driver to understand or take on board?

Mazda 6 - Mazda New Warranty - bonzo dog

Hello again Med; I realised who you are after I posted.

You have posted many many comments on your unhappiness with Mazda, some of which I have replied to.

Whilst I do have some sympathy with the original problem I have to say that you want to blame everyone but yourself for the mess that has ensued:

1. The dealer who didn't tell you that your vehicle usage was not suited to this car,
  2. the solicitor (who has since left) for telling you to stop paying Mazda Finance,
  3. Mazda Finance for not agreeing to your terms to re-commence payments,
  4. the second solicitor for being to slow.

My final piece of advice would be that as this case appears to be going legal (given you now have a barrister) you should quit posting on this & other web-sites. If I were Mazda I would tell the court that you are pursuing a vendetta against Mazda (I'm not saying you are, understand) & use the host of comments on the various web-sites.

All that said, good luck

Bonzo dog, at least you can see i wont give up!! :P

I understand & thank you for your replies.My posts will stop, i brought this up again as i am putting a large document together and needed reminded on a few things.

Thanks Everyone..

Mehdi