peugeot 406 hdi - 406 ...did i wreck it? - telecaster
2001 peugeot 406 hdi. I cleaned the dozier or dozier valve on said car during the week.
Next day I noticed a lack of acceleration accompanied by black smoke.....the car will not rev beyond 2500 rpm and struggles to reach 40mph.

The car starts fine and idles at a steady 800 rpm....prior to me cleaning the "dozier" valve car ran sweet returning 50 plus mpg....oil was always changed at 5000 miles.

It is like the car has gone into limp mode and is undriveable at the moment.....how would removing the said valve cause this or was it just a coincidence ...?there is no engine management light showing either.

I know i will probably need to put car on a computer but any advice appreciated.
peugeot 406 hdi - 406 ...did i wreck it? - unthrottled

What's a 'Dozier valve'?

Lots of confusion over the name of this part,some call it an Air Doser, som an air dozier...but this is the part.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CITROEN-XANTIA-XSARA-PEUGEOT-206-306-406-HDI-AIR-DOSER-/320520008255?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D595058506787989057

peugeot 406 hdi - 406 ...did i wreck it? - dieselnut

Looks like a MAF ( Mass Airflow Sensor ).

They have a fragile senseor element in the middle which you have probably damaged.

Will probably need a new one.

Funny you should mention the MAF sensor, i have just taken it out to clean it....the wire element you speak of is intact and have gave it a blast of electricalswitch cleaner.

Thought I had problem sorted earlier when I removed the glow plugs and discovered a duff on.......bought a replacement and...no joy still wont rev beyond 2-2500 rpm.

Also noticed the glow plug light is not coming on when car is cold.....it always did for a few seconds.......I am kinda thinking glow plug relay????even tho the car starts first time and idles smoothly.

Is there anyway of checking the relay with a multimeter?

Much obliged.