Honda Jazz - Ta very much! - 12345oncei

Hi Guys,

Just a quick note to say thanks for the information and suggestions whilst I have been searching for a car. Following a soul destroying month of looking at lots of cars and reading and reading and reading we finally put a deposit on a car yesterday.

We ended up going for an 06 plate Honda Jazz 1.4 DSi from a Honda Dealer. I don't think we got an amazing deal, but I am hoping we have peace of mind. Here are the details for any who are interested:

2006 (06) Honda Jazz 1.4 DSi, 38k on clock

• 1yr mot
  • 6m tax
  • full tank of fuel
  • 1yr warranty
  • 1 yr AA
  • 2yr Gear box warranty (as onTSB mentioned by GreaseMonkey)
  • 2yr Rear roof/boot seal warranty (again I used info from here to secure this)
  • Full service before collection

Cost: £5,500

Whilst I think the styling of this car is a bit OAP for my tastes it certainly fit the bit for the practicality we need with a small child and should hopefully cope with the mileage demands we place upon it.

I hope I am not jumping the gun writing this (as we don't have the car yet)!

Thank you all.

Honda Jazz - Ta very much! - jamie745

That sounds a bit pricey to me, a bit above the going rate for one of those in my opinion, but i suppose they lump a grand on for the honda dealership factor.

Honda Jazz - Ta very much! - NARU

The price is very dependent on the area, and good ones do seem to attract premium money.

Honda Jazz - Ta very much! - Bobbin Threadbare

I learnt to drive in a Jazz. They're comfy and the visbility is good in them. I hope you enjoy it!

We realise we are paying a premium at a Dealership and in this instance we are comfortable with that. We did see something similar for less money about 40 miles from here. But, with all of life's stresses I'd rather only have to nip 10 miles to get an issue resolved.

We've also asked them to include the potential rear wheel bearing issue on the sale document. I appreciate that if we purchased from an independent then Honda might well cover these items on goodwill, however, I'd rather have it in writing from them and not worry about it.

My wife will be driving the car 90% of the time and I'll only have to don my slippers, cap and pipe at the weekend. ;)

Ta

I did not need my slippers and pipe.

The sales people at the dealership decided that they had to rely on cajoling and outright deceit to ensure a sale. This did not sit well with myself when at the last moment they decided the warranties they had promised could not be delivered.

As they had reneged on their side of the deal and were not prepared to compensate with a more attractive price we walked.

Magic seats - who needs em?!
Honda Jazz - Ta very much! - KB.

If it's of any help, consolation or guidance I sold my one owner, immaculate, 14,000 mile CVT metallic Storm Grey, SE, Jazz with a few hundred pounds worth of extras on it a month ago. November 2008 58 reg. with, obviously, balance of the 3yr warranty. To be honest it didn't fly off the shelf (I'm in the South West). Adverts in Autotrader + local rag and free, Gumtree type ads. Advertised for £8450 and sold to a dealer who wanted it for his mother in law for £7,700 cash, pound notes. Several other dealers offered exactly 7K...no more, to sell on (for just under nine thousand). If he hadn't bought it it would have gone for 7K. Not many phone calls and, overall, I honestly thought it would have attaracted more interest, even if it was only punters bidding less....but, no. Excellent little car with very smooth, easy to drive CVT box I have faith in Honda as a make and would have bought another if they made a Yeti sized car...but they don't, so I got a Yeti. The CRV has got a bit big and it won't fit in my garage. There were a few similar Jazz's about but not many with very low miles....but there are a few out there and so you might want to keep looking knowing what mine went for. Get one with warranty left.....if anything was amiss the owner would have had it fixed for free (hopefully). Otherwise maybe get a Kia or Hyundai with warranty for same reasons.

Edited by KB. on 12/06/2011 at 23:42

Honda Jazz - Ta very much! - johncyprus

KB- Oh well, your CVT Jazz was just what I'm looking for to replace my wife's ageing diesel Yaris- shame the HJ For sale section is no longer there. It seems that most good Jazzs get swallowed back into the Honda dealer network and I've found a dearth of private late model Jazzs on Autotrader. I suppose most aspiring Jazz owners with money aren't the type that will buy privately and it would seem that Jazz owners seem happy to take the prices offered in P/X etc. Thanks for the info on price, I'll keep looking.

I'm pleased you were able to gain a little something from my thoughts, johnC. (a bit of a shame the original poster, didn't come back to comment after asking the question in the first place).

You obviously check Autotrader and maybe Exchange and Mart as well as all the other obvious places. As I'm in the South West, maybe I see more of them than elsewhere, due to the older age group around me. I've always thought it a good idea to look in places like Eastbourne and similar places with an older population as you see more low mileage examples of that sort of car around.....not such a good place to look for exotica but fine for small automatics. As suggested, look at Hyundai and Kia in order to increase your options. I'd also look at the equally obvious Toyotas and Mazdas....I've enjoyed the Yaris's I've had and the Mazda 2 is quite similar in size and reliability.

Don't get an i-shift Jazz though....not recommended. They've gone back to CVT now. Bad move for Honda, the i-shift.

Edited by KB. on 17/06/2011 at 14:03

Hi KB,

Sorry if I somehow managed to offend you by not promptly posting a reply to your response to my post. I have actually been rather busy and not in front of a PC as much as per normal.

Thanks for the additional info though :~)

...not offended, 12345oncei, but after struggling with two incompetent fingers on the keyboard, it quite often happens that you get no acknowledgement and wonder why you bothered....you probably had it yourself in the past.

But, of no consequence and trust you will get fixed up, if you haven't already.

Thanks, prob not going to get a Jazz now.

OK. Maybe report back when you're sorted.