Yesterday, 12:15 PM   #1
Killie77
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 05:52 PM

Newbie Need some advice.
Hi
First time owner of a Mini.
Picked up an MCS yesterday, bought the car from a local VW/Audi dealership
car is an 07 plate with 46000 miles full BM service history, last service was at 43000 miles. The dealership I bought it from have Mot'd it and put 2 new tyres on the front which I thought was very good of them plus they have agreed to fix a crack in the front bumper at their expense as it appears to have happened while in their possession.
This brings me to my need for a bit of advice. I was offered an extended 2 year warranty at 395 pounds which I thought was quite reasonable, also a service and Mot package 2 years for 179 pounds. Here's where it gets tricky
The dealership is owned by Arnold Clark not a name to inspire confidence.
Reading some of the comments on the web it' s surprising they manage to sell any Cars. Well I decline the warrant and service package. Still have 2weeks to take it if I want it.
Also found out that they own Harry Fairbains BMW dealership in Geffnock Glasgow. Not to far from me.
So I'm wondering should I take the warranty & service plan which I believe I could use at the BMW dealership or just stay clear.
Thanks for any advice
Ian

MINI Cooper + Cooper S - Warranty Service Plan - killie77
Hi
Posted this on the Mini Forum
Did not get many replies so thought I might ask for some general advice on here.
Regards
Ian
MINI Cooper + Cooper S - Warranty Service Plan - LucyBC

The Arnold Clark warranty is not known for offering good value for money. Read the paperwork as to limitations and get quotes from either Warranty Direct or WarrantyWise.

You will normally get a better deal from any warranty company if you don't take the first offer.

MINI Cooper + Cooper S - Warranty Service Plan - killie77
Thanks for the quick response
Will have a look around, finding it hard to get a 100 percent review on any warranty company. I expect they all have good and bad points.
Regards
Ian