Any - Young Driver Car Insurance - mrnikko

Hi wondered if any backroomers have a suggestion for suitable car that will be insured by my 17 year old son.The problem is he is six foot five and still growing and he is a keen golfer so needs to carry clubs around to events that he is playing at so he needs a roomy car. He is just starting to learn to drive so he is a provisional licence holder but he will have me and my wife as named drivers on his policy. Budget up to £2000 for car and obviously insurance well god only knows. Small town toddler cars Clio, Fiesta, Polo ect he will not fit into but I was wondering about a Mondeo,Astra Estate, Focus ect or even a Pick-up type vehicle, any ideas or experiances would be helpful.

Any - Young Driver Car Insurance - unthrottled

Just take the front driver's seat out of a Clio!

You'll get a set of clubs in any car-just by laying them on the back seat so don't worry about that. Have you REALLY tried the 'toddler' cars? I've seen some very big men step out from behind the wheel of some small cars...

Agree on golf clubs on back seat, yes tried toddler cars, Aygo, C1 ect his knees are up around the steering wheel, and yes thought of taking seat out of Clio his instructer may have a wobble on when he accompanies him on lessons !!!!!!!!

Any - Young Driver Car Insurance - Armitage Shanks {p}

You may find this of interest, from co-op insurance. Involves fitting a sat tracker to record driving time, location and speed.

*Based on Online independent research by Consumer Intelligence between 1 March and 31 March 2011. Your premium may go up as well as down dependent on your driving score throughout the year. As a result your annual saving could be less than your initial saving.

<*** src="http://www.co-operativeinsurance.co.uk/cfscombi/img/gi_quote_buy.gif" border="0" alt="Quote and Buy" width="442" height="51" />
  • Innovative 'Pay-How-You-Drive' technology, fit the Smartbox and drive down costs.
  • PLUS earn Safer Driving Discounts on top. Premiums may increase depending on the driving style.
  • PLUS standard No Claim Discount still applies.
  • Drive smart. Drive safe. Pay less
The easy way to make driving cheaper and safer

If you're aged between 17 - 24 or the parent of a young driver you're probably only too aware of just how much it costs to get on the road. Introducing The Co-operative Young Driver Insurance - drive smart, drive safe, pay less.
It's all just a click away.

Three ways to drive down costs...

First you could save money on your initial premium. Then, start earning Safer Driving Discounts every three months by driving more responsibly. Add in the standard No Claim Discount and you're looking at serious savings.

• The compact Smartbox is fitted for free when you take out a policy.
  • The safer the driving, the lower the premium.
  • Online dashboard allows policyholder to review any discounts earned.
  • Free theft tracker for extra piece of mind.
<*** style="margin-top: 13px;" src="http://www.co-operativeinsurance.co.uk/cfscombi/img/gi_findout.gif" border="0" alt="Find out more about young Driver Insurance" width="442" height="51" />

Whether you're new to The Co-operative Insurance or you’re already a customer with us, you may kno

Edited by Armitage Shanks {p} on 30/05/2011 at 14:59

Any - Young Driver Car Insurance - Wicker

A VW Fox will fit fine ( I have a similarly sized 17 year old son), it has a 260 litre boot and the Urban may be a better model if the rear seats need to be laid flat for the golfing kit.

The Fox is in the lowest insurance group and ours is insured via NFU. But I dread to think what the premium will be with your son as the main driver.

Thanks for help Co op insurance plus black box sounds good idea, not looked at VW fox but will check it out.