Astra GSI 2.0 16v 1997 Manual - Aircon blowing fuse when engine temp above 95 - Ryan2.0

Hi, I recently discovered that the air conditioner and the general engine cooling fan is on the same fuse. It blows when I have the aircon on and the engine temp goes to 95. When the fuse blows, then the engine temp climbs quickly due to the fan not working. Any ideas on what could cause the sudden extra amps to flow through there?

Thanks

Edited by Ryan2.0 on 23/05/2011 at 07:26

Astra GSI 2.0 16v 1997 Manual - Aircon blowing fuse when engine temp above 95 - Collos25
Look at the fuse is it melted or is it blown first says current overload and the second short circuit.I would guess you have a faulty compressor disconnect and see if the fuse still blows.
Astra GSI 2.0 16v 1997 Manual - Aircon blowing fuse when engine temp above 95 - elekie&a/c doctor

As the fuse blows when engine temp reaches 95,I would think this may be related to a cooling fan issue.If I recall,these have 2 cooling fans,1 engine side and second fan behind front panel/bumper.Not uncommon for the front fan to seize and cause fuse problems.hth