Ford Ka - Blown HG or cracked cylinder head? - p.endura

Hi all. I am fixing my ka, so far changed oil + coolant + air filter + 4x spark plugs + ICV

Spark plugs were the biggest b!tch, rusted to hell in the endura engine and wouldn't budge, took days of vinegar + some brake fluid to get them free without snapping, phew! Car is really smooth now, no noises, APART FROM...

Oil is leaking fast, internally i suspect as no external oil leak is viewable or pool collects. When the engine runs it is white smoke at idle which gets worse with revving. Also drips out the exhaust are constant. What I want to know is how likely is it the head gasket that is blown and not the cylinder head, really don't want to get a new cylinder head. Anyway to prove this?

Also am I right in saying the head gasket can be replaced without removing the engine (endura)?

thanks

Ford Ka - Blown HG or cracked cylinder head? - unthrottled

The head can be pressure tested to see if there is a crack causing fluids to leak.

Yes, you can remove the cylinder head without removing the engine.

Ford Ka - Blown HG or cracked cylinder head? - Peter D

How many miles has it done. It could be valve stem oil seals, the HG or all manner of things. Run the engine and remove the oil filler cap, is the engine pressurings as this could be a blocked breather. Regards Peter