vauxhall vectra b 2.2 sri - is the garage at fault? - andy_770

i would like to know if the garage i took my vectra too to have its head gasket replaced, now they did the strip down and reported no other issue's, they sent the head away to be skimmed and pressure tested for crack and damage and they reported no other faults, the head was then sent back to the garage for re-assembly which they did and contacted me for collection with no other reports other than they replaced my fan belt without my permission i might add, i paid the £457.45 bill for the work done and took the car home then i had a look under the bonnet as i am a non qualified but time served mechanic and i also did 2yrs with vauxhall as an apprentice in my younger years but have aways been big on cars and do 99% of my own work on my cars, i then noticed a number of issues like there was nut missing of the back of the exhaust manifold that bolt to the block, the exhaust downpipe was blowing due to them cross threading the stud and tried filling the leak with exhaust paste, then i noticed some loose bolts hanging down from my splash cover under the car and they where 2 bolt from the rocker cover which they tried hiding by removing 2 other bolts from under the coil pack , then i noticed that around the EGR valve that there was a great deal of exhaust joint filler all over the base of the valve which shouldnt have been used as they block the valve? and i also noticed that the engine cover brackets which where on the car when i took it in was missing completly, and there was a slight water leak from the top hose due to high presure now in the engine, when i reported this to the garage they wanted me to bring the car back so they can see for them selfs which they did and wanted the car a day to rectify these issues which i did last week on thursday 19th may 2011, when i got the car back they mechanic told they couldnt fit the enginer brackets as they didnt know where they went? so i said that i will do the next day, which i did but the one of the brackets on i had to remove the EGR valve and when i removed the outer bolt a part of the cast alloy head that the EGR valve bolts on to fell of and hit the gear box ( now i no why there was all this exhaust paste all over it) under closer inspection this threaded part of cast alloy head was glue back in place with the same exhaust paste so yet again i reported this back to the garage and they are refusing fault as it was fine when they did the work and it must have been something i did or its to do with the age of the car being over 10 years old? they now have the car again ( as they call it trying to help me out fix the problem but are still not accepting responsibility) so i would like to know my rights and whos to blame baring in mind they where the ones doing the head gasket in the first place

vauxhall vectra b 2.2 sri - is the garage at fault? - LucyBC

Paragraphs, punctuation and the occasional sentence-leading capital letter would make this easier to read and might encourage others to be bothered about your problem.

vauxhall vectra b 2.2 sri - is the garage at fault? - Collos25

A diffiicult read,You should have taken the car straight back to the garage pointed out the problems and let them put them right.Its sounds like they are lacking in a bit of expertise.

Tha ball is in your court they are obliged to put the car right but you have to prove that the faults are their doing and were not there before you took the car to them because thats what they will say.

vauxhall vectra b 2.2 sri - is the garage at fault? - andy_770

thats what i thought but the proof is that when they did the job there was no damage otherwise they would have reported it to me surely?

vauxhall vectra b 2.2 sri - is the garage at fault? - Avant

Andy - welcome to the forum, but if you want some more advice please provide a concise summary of your problem.

Normally I am happy as a moderator to edit a few paragraphs in to a post when it lacks them, but I don't know where to start with yours as it seems to be all one sentence.