Renault Scenic 1.5DCi (Manual) - Renault Scenic Clutch/Gearbox Failures - k965cr1

Hi, I have a 2006 Renault Scenic 1.5dci (manual, 55k). The clutch was replaced Sept 10, by an independant garage. The car then suffered clutch failure on 3 occassions where the pedal went to the floor and there was a loss of clutch fluid. On the second occassion they replaced a leaking pipe. On the third occasion, it was returned to a Renault dealer as the clutch parts were under warranty. The dealer replaced the slave cylinder (early May) under warranty. I picked the car up and went to work. Noticed that the gears were quite notchy, particularly 2nd, 4th and 6th. When I tried to select reverse, the gear stick jammed. Completely unmovable. Only freed up when car was pushed into a parking space. Also difficulty in getting out of gear next morning when parked, in gear. Back to dealer who tried adjusting the selector rods, but reported 4th as being notchy, then they reported the car developing a whining noise when driven. Now conclusion is it needs a new gearbox, at 54k!

Although I had clutch failures every 2 months, I never had a problem with the gearbox previously. So, could the recurrent clutch failures have caused/contributed to the gearbox problem? And where do I stand?

Although Renault are offering a contribution to a new gearbox, I am still looking at about £650. Add to this the approx £1000 costs (hire cars, garage bills, lost work) incurred due to the clutch failures (of a Renault part), and you can understand I am a bit p****d off.

Anyone else had or heard of similar experiences?

Renault Scenic 1.5DCi (Manual) - Renault Scenic Clutch/Gearbox Failures - unthrottled

I do sympathise-you don't expect to be replacing gearboxes on 5 year old cars. The problem is that the damage to the 'box is a direct consequence of the clutch not disengaging properly-and you continuing to drive it.

By 'notchy' gear change I assume you mean it required a bit of force to get into gear. It should NEVER require force to change gear and damage to the dogs/selector forks/synchros is inevitable.

Renault are making a contribution towards the box which seems fair-albeit not exactly what you want.