Volvo V70 W Reg - Electrical problems - Johnykool

Hi. I need some help to find out whats wrong with the electrics on my volvo v70. When you go over a bump (plenty of them about now) all the warning lights come on the speedo goes off and includes a message display stating "Stop ASAP break failer". Sometimes stays off a good while then not, go over another bump speedo comes on again all warning lights go out. Volvo dealer said it needs a new speedo head (only one will fit my car so cannot get a used one) at a cost of £800.00 + fitting which is more than the cars probably worth. I found a USA site for buffs that had come across this problem with a Volvo and sorted it by taking the speedo out and soldering all the joints on the pannel which solved the problem. It sounds just a loose connection problem but i need a starting point and ask if anyone else has had the same thing happen and could give any useful information that could save days!. This does not affect the running of the car at all.

Regards John.

Volvo V70 W Reg - Electrical problems - injection doc

I too have repaired dry joints in Volvo modules for similar issues. I suspect this will be your problem but you need to get all the obvious places checked first. I would suggest you find a sparky