Volkswagen Passat - Injector Fault - chirag2205

Hi,

I bought used vw passat 2005 2.0 tdi car from a vw dealer in london in february 2011. Before I took delivery they did full service to the car. With the car dealer also gave me 1 year breakdown cover and warranty for free.

Two weeks before my front vw logo/badge came out and fallen somewhere. so I called my vw dealer to fix it. They told me he will fix it and will also do health check free of cost. Last week Saturday they fixed the logo/badge and did health check and they reported everything is fine. Yesterday when I was driving on A3 all of a sudden my engine died. I was near to the exit of A243 so pull over and tried to start again and it showed me "Engine Fault, Garage". Called VW breakdown/RAC, they checked and found out that problem was with Injector. They connected computer to confirm and it clear showed them "Injector Fault". They instructed me that only vw authorised repairer can fix this.

Now the question is, will fixing injector fault covered under warranty.

Do I have to pay for the labour for fixing this ?

Do I have to pay for any wiring connected to the injector as wiring is not covered under warranty ? is it true ?

And the question is how come after doing health check 3 days before engine can die.

Is Injector fault a big risk to the car in future ? will it lead to any other problem in future ?

Please can I get answers on this so that I can speak with the vw dealer acc. to that.

Thanks in advance

Chirag

Volkswagen Passat - Injector Fault - LucyBC

An injector fault developing three months after purchase is likely to be covered by the Sale of Goods Act which should mean that the car will be repaired and the costs (parts and labour) covered in full by the selling dealer.

Hi LucyBC,

First of all thanks for replying quickly.

Does this rule applies for new car purchased only or for used car also?

I purchased this used car from north london vw authorised dealer on 21/02/2011.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chirag Karnik

Volkswagen Passat - Injector Fault - LucyBC

It applies to both new and used cars purchased from a dealership (not private sales).

Thanks for the confirmation.

Volkswagen Passat - Injector Fault - paul666

happened to me recently exactly the same thing, have owned my passat for 3 years it is 6 years old. volkswagen are aware of the fault they know it is a big issue on the model, under the sale and goods act your car should not have a major failure within the first 6 years. they first refused responsibility and said they wouldnt make a goodwill gesture. then i spoke to volkswagen customer service directly and told them all the facts i knew about the issue and i wanted to have their addresse so my solictor could communicate with them to take legal action, they finaly backed down and replaced all fuel injectors and volkswagen covered the whole cost hope this helps. (in jan 2008 this was a major crisis for vw, there was a 3-4 month waiting list for fuel injectors and fuel injector pumps)

Volkswagen Passat - Injector Fault - geoson10

Paul666.

Just happened to my daughter in her 4-year old Passat. Would be interested to know more about the Sale of Good Act, the 6 years bit. Also the contact number for customer service at VW. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Volkswagen Passat - Injector Fault - Armitage Shanks {p}

Customer Care

If your local retailer is not able to help you, please call or write to us here.

• Call us on:
    0800 0833 920
  • Write to us at:
    Volkswagen Passenger Cars
    Selectapost 12
    Sheffield
    S97 3ZU

Google is your friend - some of the time!

Edited by Armitage Shanks {p} on 02/06/2011 at 09:58