Personal number Plates - John Basnett
Hi, i am thinking of buying a number plate from the dvla for £250. If i buy it I will move the number next to the three letters to spell part of my surname. I know recently the old boys in blue have been cracking down on this a bit so I was wondering if they are enforcing it rigidly. Anyone done a similar thing and been pulled over for it?? Would apprecaite it if you could let me know your views on this. Personally i think it is a bit stupid because it will still be clear what the number is.
Personal number Plates - BrianW
Provided the spacing on the numberplate is legal and not defiled by odd coloured and spaced fixings I see no reason why you will attract any undue attention.
Personal number Plates - SjB {P}
... Like the plate I saw on a Jag in Aylesbury.

B16 FGO.

Says it all really, especially as the whole point is lost now that the illegally positioned white/yellow dot in the middle of the six, and the black one to the right at the bottom of the F, had been replaced with the correct ones.

Methinks a tug from Plod?

/Steve
Personal number Plates - frostbite
I think personal number plates are one of the saddest wastes of money around - and that's without taking into account the mental gymnastics required to understand what some are alleged to say!
Personal number Plates - Dude - {P}
You obviously did not watch Quentin Wilson on 5th Gear last week, when he commented on the private plate market, and pointed out their investment potential, saying that they had increased on average by 22% in the last 2 years. This does not apply to these stupid cheapies(£250) from the DVLA , but from pre 1963 registrations with just 3 letters & 3 numbers.
Personal number Plates - Armitage Shanks{P}
Yes but Quentin bought some 3 letter 3 number ones from DVLA and still reckoned he'd make a profit. He also pointed out, if I heard him correctly, that he had found plates advertised for sale in the papers which were coming up in an auction and didn't (yet) belong to the person advertising them for sale. DVLA don't just sell the stupid new plates - they have a large stock of old ones that were never issued and are being now, and at quite good prices. I remember a silly story from years ago about a UK golfer who had a personal plate on his car and then bit the heads off people who were photographing it! So, the point of the plate was ??????????!
Personal number Plates - Peter D
If you frig the spacing or the mounting then you may be pulled under the three stikes and you are out. If you are warned three times by the blue DVLA will conpletely cancel your your registration plate at your expense. Peter
Personal number Plates - googolplex
which is all very well, but there are still stupid numbers of drivers going around taking the risk...
Personal number Plates - Steve S
"This does not apply to these stupid cheapies(£250) from the DVLA"

Not so.

If you pick the right initials (three letters ending in B, P, S, W or any letter where there are higher amounts of surnames is a good idea) then appreciably more than 22% has been made.

As long as the prefix is a letter with 1-9 or 10 - 15 at a push.

I bought one M15 *** for £299 about 3 years ago and sold it for £850!
Personal number Plates - volvoman
Tend to agree Frostbite - I saw an advert for the following in the Times a week or two ago:

For Sale

BUL 111T

Offers in excess of £100k

Who would want to buy that plate let alone pay so much for it ? Or am I missing something ?
Personal number Plates - THe Growler
Agreed: pathetic.
Personal number Plates - SjB {P}
Totally!
Personal number Plates - John Davis
"Personally i think it is a bit stupid"
Could not agree more!
Personal number Plates - Trisha TR
Pathetic I quite agree.... for the most part. But anyideas how much a standard plate would cost? I mean nowt special at all? What I think would look good (only when the cars are next to each other mind - ie on the drive) is for my new motor to have the same reg as my old 70's vehicle.

Say if the plate on the old car was ONJ 572S (random key pressing!) I'd like to have S572 ONJ on the newer car. One day I may phone the peeps in Swansea....
Personal number Plates - Maz
LOL!!

Yeah sure. One private plate is pathetic - two are Grrreat!
Personal number Plates - Dwight Van Driver
Currently called, so I am led to believe, in Plod circles:

"Prat plates"

DVD
Personal number Plates - M.M
Hmm that's all very well DVD but there is something I find that is even more ridiculous....

Spend a fortune on a good looking car and get the thing delivered with a meaningless jumble of numbers and letters staring at you from each end.

;-)

MM
Personal number Plates - Dwight Van Driver
MM

Hmmm indeedy

There are people that buy a plate then a car to fit on them?

DVD
Personal number Plates - terryb
The cheapest option is to change your name by deed poll

Regards from

Y384 DXW

PS Not original, I know, but still amusing to my little mind :o)
Terry
Personal number Plates - Dave_TD
I didn't realise quite how bad this prat plate thing was getting, until I picked a guy up the other day and he had a new Focus saloon on his driveway, numberplate "PM52PLM" (or something similar). He was ever so proud of spending £399 on this registration, because it had his initials on it, TWICE.
At least with "A18 JPW" (or similar) you know it's a personal plate, even if you don't know (or care) what JPW stands for, but if I'd have seen the Focus in traffic I wouldn't even have known it was meant to have a "special" registration number.

Cheers, Y292 TYS Esq.
Personal number Plates - Peter C
I like the name prat plates.Sums it up well. My brother has just bought one. i can't wait to tell him the new name for his cherished plate! On the other hand I remember being offered back in 1969 the number TEN 15 on a Mini. The owner offered me the car at a very reasonable £175 complete with plate. He wondered about keeping the plate but could not be bothered. it was £5 to take plate off the car then. I offered £150 for car and plate. He got his £175 elsewhere. 10 years later it was for sale on a moped for £1500. Just 3 months ago it was for sale again in the Sunday Times for ...£100,000. So who is the prat now! what an investment but will they keep going up?

Cheers

Peter
Personal number Plates - THe Growler
.......So who is the prat now! Anyone sufficiently disturbed enough to part with 100k, I'd have thought.....
Hmmm... I suppose a rich 'tennis' player who can't spell might be interested in parting with £100k for that plate.

Perhaps that's it - the people who buy these things simply can't spell and have more money than sense ;-)
Personal number Plates - Tom Shaw
The saddest and most pathetic of all are those who pay a fortune for the plate with their initials on it and then have their full name printed underneath just so you know how cool they are.

Which ever gene pool they developed from, thank God it wasn't the same one as me.
Personal number Plates - Peter D
Altering the spacing is not quite legal and some stores/plate suppliers will refuse to move them as the plate is etched and taceable back to source.

However spaced plates are pulled over by the blue on a three strikes and you out basis. Out means you loose the plate at your expense. Peter
It is more likely to be a pervert who will put a black screw just to the centre right of the "T" in TENIS.
Personal number Plates - Dynamic Dave
It is more likely to be a pervert who will put
a black screw just to the centre right of the "T"
in TENIS.

FENIS ??
Close ! ;-))
Personal number Plates - RichL
The cheapest option is to change your name by deed poll
Regards from
Y384 DXW
PS Not original, I know, but still amusing to my little
mind :o)
Terry

Funny you should mention that, I used to work with a guy callled John S, who thought it would be cool to get a personalised plate on his V6 Cavalier and spent a day or two scanning through the papers before buying. Unfortunately he got it wrong and didnt realise until the paperwork turned up, They wouldnt take it back either.
So after bragging about it for a week he had to go through the indigity of being known as JISHN until he left the company.

I admit, I wouldnt mind A 16V BX for the green hornet, but one of the other members of the club has it on his Citroen.
Personal number Plates - PB
>>Spend a fortune on a good looking car and get the thing delivered with a meaningless jumble of numbers and letters staring at you from each end.<<

I completely agree, which is a good reason for having a 'tidy' plate if the aesthetics of the car are important to you (and they are to most people, other than my dad).

Our main car has a plate as issued that looks neat so I left it... but I do have an attractive plate (that I got for free) that I have used on cars in the past. I'm not sure what makes a plate neater, but I would rather have, say, MM02OMM than RY52LKV. Maybe I'm just odd.
PB.
Personal number Plates - DavidHM
My phone tells me that A18JPW is a 1988 Mercedes 230E.
Personal number Plates - Dave_TD
My phone tells me that A18JPW is a 1988 Mercedes 230E.

Which sounds about right. That was just a number I plucked out of the air, for the purposes of illustration, btw!
What a load of self righteous clap trap.

Who is forcing people to buy these plates? If it amuses people who an earth are we to sneer? It could be that there are interests that some of us have - that others deem "pathetic".

If someone wishes to spend their money this way, what harm does it do? Jeeze, whatever happened to "live and let live"?
So by the same token Steve - 'live and let live' - so you've never passed adverse comment on or ridiculed a guy with a dodgy 'rug' on his head or that neighbour who has just had synthetic stone cladding wrapped around their house or those who enjoy spending day/night on cold, wet railway stations collecting train numbers ?

Come on ! I don't think anyone has said spending £100k on a BUL 111T should be a crime, just that the people who would do it have a very curious sense of priorities ;-)
Volvoman,

People do things I wouldn't do. They like things I don't like. I can't see the cache in lots of stuff other people really get off on.

That doesn't invalidate what they enjoy just because it isn't my choice. Besides as this is a motoring forum anyone interested in cherished numbers is likely to have more in common with us than people who don't see why we should care about motoring!

It does however keep life interesting that we don't all enjoy the same things.

As for priorities, I see your point about spending £100k on a reg plate but it's hardly likely to be £100k that they need is it?

I agree with Mark I see it as harmless fun, some are amusing and some make their owners some money - most cost no more than half a dozen fill-ups.
Personal number Plates - Dizzy {P}
I'd never heard of the term 'prat plates' but it is totally logical to me. Whenever I am following a car with obviously 'made up' plates, I think "Prat!".

Steve, we are not trying to tell anyone what they should or should not do with their money, we're just saying that the only person likely to be impressed is the owner of the plate himself (or herself?).

If made-up plates or nodding dogs please you then by all means have them. It's your money and your image.
Personal number Plates - Mark (RLBS)
I quite like the unique plates. Not enough to actually pay for one, but if it came with the car I bought I'd be pleased.

I don't think they are much different from personalising your house or anything else you use a lot.

Also, of course $100k is a ton of money to spend on such a thing, but if you've got $20m in the bank, why not ?

M.
Personal number Plates - jeds
Well said Steve. I don't see the point myself but if other people want them I don't see what harm it does. Just more food for the stress heads.
Personal number Plates - jud
I would have a personal plate, but only if i didn't have to pay a transfer fee every time i changed cars, just not prepared to pay out more than once.
Good point Jud, another rip.
Number plate mathematics - meldrew
The only reason we have the current and previous plates
with prefixes, suffixes and silly numbers in the middle
are for authoritarian control.

There are still enough combinations of 3-3 2-4 4-2 numbers to
cover every car in use.

e.g. 24*24*24*9*9*9= 10 million then there are the reverse
options and all the 4-2 's not to mention the shorter
numbers.

I turned down 1234 TW for 75 pounds some time ago and recently
bought ??? 400 for my daughter for £1750 and no VAT that will last her for the rest of her life.

Five years ago I bought a .co.uk domain name for a fiver and
recently was made an offer I could not refuse by an offshore
gambling company. Vanity is priceless!

Meldrew
(I just do not believe it!)
Number plate mathematics - PatriciaX
OH BUM! You guys are no fun!

Not that I've ever had the notion of buying one, but I have an old Horizon that my mum's now driving, with a "**** WWW" plate and I want hoping to make my money back on the vehicle.

Can you just say they're a good idea until I sell mine and make my fortune? Then we call all slag 'em off?

Theres a fiver in it for you if you do?

Patricia
x

Number plate mathematics - THe Growler
Maybe one reason for these dumb plates at huge cost is to find a work-around to dress up a UK car which looks nice but is forced to carry large, ugly, license plates in nasty colors which detract from the appearance. The neat pictorial background ones you see in the US, Canada, Aus and now here in the Philippines just this year, look so much neater and you can get proper abbreviations which do make sense.

Tell you what though, once the UK economy tanks again, you're going to be looking at a new form of negative equity. Prat plates'll be the first thing to slide.

Alternatively the Brussels seat-warming consumers of others' hard-earned wealth who couldn't get a proper job to save their lives will come up with some standard layout Euro-wide.

Wonder which'll happen first? :-)
PLATES - Motel
well i have MO52TEL which is my wifes name and my name whats the problem with that
PLATES - cabsmanuk
No problem but what strange names yo have!
Prat Plates - John Davis

Apropos the recent thread on "Prat Plates", I see from yesterday's Motoring Telegraph that some mentally retarded buffoon is offering XXXXXfor £100K+. The advertisement is worded to indicate that the figure eight could be read as a nought but, how, I cannot imagine. What does this tell you about the mentality of the seller and, any possible buyer? Perhaps I've missed the point and that the seller is really a "switched on" entrepeneur whose gluttony will be no doubt satisfied when a REAL mentally retarded buffoon coughs up that kind of money to adorn his motorcar with another example of this excruciating dross.

(Edit - over 11 years later, someone owning the number quoted has asked me to remove it. That in itself rather makes John's point!)

Edited by Avant on 28/03/2014 at 18:15

Prat Plates - Mark (RLBS)
>>Apropos the recent thread on "Prat Plates",

Or even better, find the recent thread youself and post your note there saving me the bother of moving it.

>>when a REAL mentally retarded buffoon coughs up that kind of money to adorn his motorcar with another example of this excruciating dross

Presumably translating to you either not having that kind of money, or not wishing to spend it in that way, compared to someone who does have that money, and would like to spend it that way, who is therfore a prat, mostly for doing something you either can't do or don't want to do.

Its their money, where's the harm ?

M.
Prat Plates - Boff
I'm afraid that John Davis's "Prat Plates" posting displays the kind of negative, intolerant and pedantic attitude that saddens me and just occasionally makes me wonder why I read public forums like this. If you have an opinion why don't you try putting it over with wit and/or humanity, you may get more people on side that way..

Boff

My wife says I don't listen to her, or something like that
Prat Plates - Dizzy {P}
If you have an opinion why don't you try putting it over with wit and/or humanity, you may get more people on side that way..
Boff

"Like wot I just did", eh, Boff?
Prat Plates - clariman
"John Davis" opened his mouth and muttered:

<< >>

What anyone spends their money on is their business, not yours.

I detect a large dose of envy here.

Why not get a life, instead of insulting people on this board?

Or perhaps you are merely a troll?
Prat Plates - frostbite
I thought '130LOX' (on a london cab?) was a much better way of saying it, if you absolutely have to.

I still don't understand why people buy them - especially the person who spent thousands on 'B1MBO'.

'SAD1' would be more appropriate.
Prat Plates - Dizzy {P}
I can't understand why John Davis has been selected out for insults. Growler, SjB, Volvoman and myself were just as critical as John was regarding prat plates and the people who spend good money on them.

In fact, John was targeting only those who spend around 100K on prat plates whereas I think that they indicate a personality disorder whatever the cost.

I now await the hate mail!
I don't believe I was insulting, and IIRC, neither do you use phrases such as "when a REAL mentally retarded buffoon".

If you did, then I apologise for not "insulting" you also.

There is a type of conversation that happens in this world, and its essentially around "someone else is a prat for spending their money in a way that I choose not to spend mine". Be that referring to people who choose to drive new cars, large 4wd cars, or use personalised number plates.

And since I fall into two of those three categories, it irritates me.

And when you have an 11 month old with flu, virtually anything irritates.
Prat Plates - Steve S
"someone else is a prat for spending their money in a way that I choose not to spend mine".

Absolutely. I'm sure if we dig around the interests of those criticising cherished numbers I'm sure we can find plenty that others may find "sad" etc.

Surely the whole deal should be "if it hurts nobody else" what am I worrying about?

It's good that we don't like the same things.

This culture of sneering that Mark describes is more "sad" than any individual's hobby or interest.
Non-dating plates - M.M
John Davis a troll? Hardly. He's a long term poster to this site who uses his real name and has a wealth of worthwhile contributions behind him.

He was a bit hard on the no. plate guys though. Now if he'd added a Toad type signature at the end that might have helped...

MM
Prat Plates - No Do$h
Just an indication of how some people's minds work, there are two notable plates local to me in Bournemouth/Poole:

A11 NOB on a Renault Alpine (as if the length of the bonnet wasn't a big enough clue)

P177 OFF on a black Ferrari driven everywhere at maximum volume (i.e. keeps it in first at 60 cos he likes the noise) the driver of which can only be described as a ((I'm censoring this myself)).

Had to laugh when the latter got thrashed by a local biker on his "hot" fireblade on the Holes Bay relief road.

:o)

Now if only I could get a plate that read "please don't scratch my car in Tescos Car Park or I will hunt you down and do unmentionable things to you in front of your family"
No Dosh - but then who has?
Prat Plates - John Davis
Oh dear. No, I was not endeavouring to be insulting but, just to point out the absurdity and sheer vulgarity of the advertisement
"a prat for spending their money in a way that I choose not to spend mine and it's implications."
No, this is just a wrong assumption and you cannot "read" anything in my posting which even hinted at that aspect.
Neither is anyone, after reading my posting,able to "presumably" assess my financial position and my ability, or otherwise, of paying out £100K. Another spurios comment if ever I saw one.
And thanks Dizzy,for, obviously seeing the point I was trying make.
>>Neither is anyone, after reading my posting,able to "presumably" assess my financial position and my ability, or otherwise, of paying out £100K. Another spurios comment if ever I saw one.

I said; "Either not having that kind of money, or not wishing to spend it in that way"

I strongly suspect that the clue may well be in the word "either".

There is only one further alternative, and that is that you do have the money and do spend it in that way.

Which doesn't alter my statement that;

"There is a type of conversation that happens in this world, and its essentially around 'someone else is a prat for spending their money in a way that I choose not to spend mine'. Be that referring to people who choose to drive new cars, large 4wd cars, or use personalised number plates."

Prat Plates - Dynamic Dave
I have never understood why people buy personal plates either. I always thought that vehicles came with their own unique letters and numbers anyway.
Why would anyone want to draw attention to themselves by driving around with "T05 SER" as a number plate for example?
I would imagine people with "prat plates" would also have to moderate their driving so as not to cut people up or otherwise draw attention to themselves, as their number plates are far easier to remember for later possible revenge.
Prat Plates - Cardew
"There is a type of conversation that happens in this world, and its essentially around "someone else is a prat for spending their money in a way that I choose not to spend mine". Be that referring to people who choose to drive new cars, large 4wd cars, or use personalised number plates."

Well said Mark. That statement deserves its own thread or trotting out regularly.

It also applies to those who state that motorists obeying manufacture's servicing instructions etc are stupid.

C
Prat Plates - volvod5_dude
"And when you have an 11 month old with flu, virtually anything irritates."

Mark,

I can sympathise with the above, been there. The little treasures always seem to get colds/flu over Christmas. When they get older they build up more resistance to these bugs.

Cheers

VD5D.

Prat Plates - Cardew
"When they get older they build up more resistance to these bugs."

That may be true but in the grand scheme of things, they are at their best now!!
Prat Plates - dan
Its up to peeps what they have as a reg' its the well off version of those "I'm a bit nutty me!" bumper stickers and the ilk.
Prat Plates - Miller
My plate cost me £250 - which in the scheme of things today is b***** all really. My plate reads P** MLR, which is my initial, the number of the day and month (which are the same) I was born and my sirname abreaveated. This plate will mean nothing to anyone else reading it but means a lot to me. What harm am I doing? Yours, Mr Pratt.

Im a loser baby....so why don't you kill me?!
Prat Plates - neil
I think these plates serve a useful function - if people were forced to put a sticker on their vehicle saying 'I MAY not be a self-obsessed person with a strange set of priorities, who can be expected to drive like that - but don't bank on it' most of them would object - but they're quite happy to pay for the privilege of wearing a badge that says exactly that to a lot of us...while keeping the cost of general taxation merely astronomical - and 'Baby on Board so I've obviously got MUCH more important things than driving on my mind right now' stickers are even more useful still!
Prat Plates - Gazza
Among the Chinese, number 4 and 7 means death and getting worse respectively. Even as Roman Catholics, my family will not want a number plate with 4 or 7 in it still! The idea numbers are,
3 - alive
8 - rich
Mixed that with the adjectives,
1 - surely
2 - easier
9 - long lasting,
you will get
18 - surely be rich
23 - easy to bring a live (ie. you may have a baby due)
13 - take a guess... (ie. you WILL have a baby due)
My number plate is *189***

Garrison
Personalised Plates - Dizzy {P}
With seasonal spirit, I would like to apologise for any insults that I may have directed at those who own personalised plates. I still don't understand the benefits but I accept that it is your choice.

I would also like to admit that I quite liked some of my own number plates which have come with the car in the past. These include:
BBC 919 - my first car, a 1937 Morris 8.
200 AEW - a 'Ford special', i.e. a kit car based on a Ford 10.
MEG 675 - a Morris 1000 Traveller that I restored from 'scrap'.

Here's wishing all backroomers a pleasant Christmas and a trouble-free 2003.
Prat Plates - Steve S
"if people were forced to put a sticker on their vehicle saying 'I MAY not be a self-obsessed person with a strange set of priorities, who can be expected to drive like that - but don't bank on it' most of them would object - but they're quite happy to pay for the privilege of wearing a badge that says exactly that to a lot of us..."

Not being your priorities doesn't make them strange. Most people are self obsessed. It's called freedom of choice.

Most would not make your choices - strange as that may seem to you.
Prat Plates - frostbite
"Among the Chinese, number 4 and 7 means death and getting worse respectively. Even as Roman Catholics, my family will not want a number plate with 4 or 7 in it still! "

So, with 777 on my numberplate, I had better take this opportunity to say it has been nice knowing you all!
Prat Plates - Oz
That explains a lot.
My plate has the number 47 and my wife is a Catholic.
Prat Plates - neil
"Not being your priorities doesn't make them strange. Most people are self obsessed. It's called freedom of choice."

No, it's called being egotistical! And most people aren't, or there wouldn't be a special word for those who are!

Sure, it's not the fact that they're not MY priorities that makes them strange - mine are probably even stranger! Its the fact that only a tiny minority choose to badge themselves in this way that makes them strange...and the fact that if they added the money to whatever they bought to drive in ANY other way - better model, better radio, almost anything except beaded seatcovers...they would travel in more comfort, style or safety - as opposed to exposing their egotistical tendencies to the ridicule of others!

However, if your theory works as well for you as mine does for me, good luck to you. And a Merry Christmas!
Prat Plates - wemyss
In the late 60s a friend was trying to sell of his big black Rover for £20 which was fit for nothing more than the scrapyard.
However Jim's main selling pitch was "the registration is worth more than that" I think it was scrapped.
The reg was DEF 1.
Often thought I should have bought it but no-one was interested in personalised reg's at the time.
Please don't spoil my Christmas by telling me the current Chairman of ICI has those initials, or the Sultan of Brunei has been desperate to get this number for years.
Also sold a Purdey for £40.00 in 1960 but I've got over that....
alvin
Prat Plates - Steve S
"as opposed to exposing their egotistical tendencies to the ridicule of others!"

Only to the "egotistical" self appointed judges of what other people should do!

Happy New Year.
Prat Plates - neil
Well, no actually - if you want to have the bead seat covers, paint your car a strange colour, fit odd accessories (as long as they don't affect visibility) - more or less 'whatever', I'm more than glad you have the freedom to do so. Its just that, well... those strange letters and numbers are supposed to have a function - which isn't made easier by altering them or allowing odd combinations which aren't 'right' in terms of the geographic identifiers etc. If you want to put another sort of sign on your car that says 'hey, look I'm an individualist' - (red nose? ... sticker saying 'you don't have to be mad to drive this... but it helps?...) then fine by me - but 'cherished' plates are a bit like allowing you to replace your issued VEL disc with one drawn in Chinese characters, or just a random series of letters, or one of your kid's drawings rather than the month of expiry - it affects the purpose! So why is it allowed - not by ME, but the state? As a revenue raiser, obviously! As I said, I LIKE you doing this - it not only reduces the financial burden on the rest of us to merely extortionate levels but also allows me to guess the kind of driver you may be!

Have a Happy... Er, No! Have whatever kind of New Year you choose! In fact, why not personalise the date? Have a Happy SteveSday!
Prat Plates - Steve S
"As I said, I LIKE you doing this - it not only reduces the financial burden on the rest of us to merely extortionate levels but also allows me to guess the kind of driver you may be!"

It gives you no such thing of course - just a set of bigoted opinions.
Prat Plates - 3500S
I have something of a parody plate on my Rover, it's an NI plate that I transferred from my previous car (long story and I didn't pay for it). Someone asked me once what it meant (it means nothing) so I replied "It's cryptic".

Cue for me to walk away smiling wryly leaving one confused person behind.
Prat Plates - jud
The car you drive, how you drive it, and how you customise it, does give impressions to other drivers whether you like it or not.
Prat Plates - Steve S
Don't agree.

Whether you "choose" to form an opinion or impression is your own personal choice - nothing at all to do the person/thing you are forming that opinion or view about.

If you feel more comfortable making sweeping assumptions based on small pieces of information - that's your choice.

Fortunately, we not all the same.

Probably enough, I think. This discussion has gone as far as it needs to.

Thank you.
Prat Plates - Tomo
I have followed this with some amusement.

My thought on the subject is that while it is difficult to imagine any good coming from a number being remembered, in certain circumstances benefit could accrue from its being misremembered!

I shall be content with unmemorable numbers.

Trust the infant soon recovers, Mark.

Happy New Year to all.

Tomo
Tweaked Plates - who makes them - DiamondTolley
Guys,

Back to number plates - does anyone know (I know it is illegal) where you can get number plates printed that can be tweaked very, very slighlty. No major re-working just slight enhancing?

From a someone who has just got her own number for Christmas,

Cheers,

DiamondTolley