ford galaxy - problems starting ford galaxy - dangedave

I am having problems starting my Ford Galaxy. It starts great first time with jump cables and runs ok. As soon as you turn the engine off and try and restart it turns over a little bit but doesn't restart. There is no battery light lit so it appears the alternator is ok and I have cleaned all the battery contacts and the earth and it is still the same, When started the car was run for 20 or so miles yet it wouldn't restart when the ignition was turned off. Any ideas?

Thanks

ford galaxy - problems starting ford galaxy - Nezza
Had the same problem on our 07 plate 2.0tdci. Had battery changed by AA but still struggled to start and got worse. (Tended to really struggle on short trips) Went to Ford who diagnosed the started motor was drawing too much current so needed replacing. (£300!!) Was not convinced as I would expect a starter drawing too much current was doing too much work, so I let them do it thinking I would have comeback if fault still apparent. Anyway, appears they were right, now all ok again. They did say it is a common fault on transits. Hope the info helps.