Peugeot 406 - abs fault intermitant side abs ring lose cheapfix - biggs1001

i have a peugeot 406 hdi 110 estate , recentley it developed an intermitant fault on the abs , the abs warning light would come on when it felt like it , some times the abs could be opperated when stopping in dry warm conditions , after much searching i found the near side abs sensor ring was lose and cracked , this is on the cv joint , i did not want to replace the joint or the drive shaft as nothing else wrong with it and all the time and trouble to do the job plus the pound notes , the solution is simple , yes you have uesed it glue it back on , but what to use ? not much bonds to metal very well nut there is one compound that is designed to bond to metal , its a bouning agent made by LOCKTIGHT , its LOCKTIGHT 603 , this superceds LOCKTIGHT 601 its green runny when it comes out of the tube , pull the abs ring away from the cv joint , do not clean the rust off as this will aid as a key for it to bond too , coat the cv joint surfaceall around including the bevel part that it butts up on , slide the ring back on and push it up so it rests against the bevel , ( do not clamp the ring up in any way ) now drible the LOCKTIGHT all around the edges of the ring rotating the drive shaft as you do so , capilary actin will draw it under the ring tthus filling the small gap caused by the split in the ring and it expanding ,,leave it over night , do not move the car at all , the LOCKTIGHT will cure over night and set , when it has set you will not be able to move the ring at all , it sets like concreat , to soften it ( should you feel the need ) you will need a blow lamp to get it to unbond , and hey presto job done abs all ok and all for a little over £7.00 and done without removeing anything except the road wheel to gain decent access

Peugeot 406 - abs fault intermitant side abs ring lose cheapfix - bathtub tom

Great, if it holds, but I wonder what forces made the solid steel ring fracture in the first place?

Peugeot 406 - abs fault intermitant side abs ring lose cheapfix - injection doc

On many cars, an ABS ring which is cracked causes the ABS to be over sensative at very slow speed and needs to be replaced. There are companies out there manufacturing ABS rings that are available in the aftermarket rather than bodging with lock seal when the ring is cracked !

Peugeot 406 - abs fault intermitant side abs ring lose cheapfix - biggs1001

yes its holding and no further problems , abs ok , normal breaking ok , all sorted