Ford Focus - 99 Ford Focus TD DI - Fuel leak - danoftheman

Hi all,

I'm new on here and asking for some help and guidance.

I have a 99 Focus 1.8 TD DI and I thought I had a leak from the advance/retard solenoid at the bottom of the fuel pump ( Bosch VP30 - 047 0004 007 ).

Last night we took out the alternator to get a better look and there does not seam to be any obvious leaks. The left hand side where it bolts into where the pulley sits look damp but apart from that looked ok. So bolted everything back together and made sure all was tight including the fuel lines to the injectors. Also resealed the thermostat housing as that was leaking fluid.

Ran the car and there was no obvious leeks. Got underneath and there seemed to be a small amount of diesel dripping from the alternator bracket which to me suggested the back of the fuel pump where we couldn't see anything.

If anyone has any ideas I'd love some suggestions to my problem.l

## TODAY

Fuel still leaking though but only seems to be when you drive it. Does not seem to leak if you are stationary and running the engine but if you drive it and then park up it will have a wet patch on the floor.

Help needed asap to pass MOT!!

Ford Focus - 99 Ford Focus TD DI - Fuel leak - Peter.N.

A long shot, but make sure all the injector pipes are done up tight.

Ford Focus - 99 Ford Focus TD DI - Fuel leak - roversmarc

I have an 1.8 TDi Focus with seemingly the same problem. The guys at the garage picked up on it whilst MOT testing and have used Tiger Seal to prevent the leak and gave the car a pass. But they say this probably won't last and either the pump/pumpswitch will need replacing.