Ford Focus Coupe-Cabriolet - Focus 1.6 Zetec, Zetec S or other? - west coast 1

Hi guys

Just joined up and looking for some views. I have an 02 1.6 zetec (assuming it must be 115 as it feels pretty punchy ). It's got 105k on it, was an ex demo and then my mums. It's been awesome; haven't owned a better car.

I'm now in the hunt for another car. Was looking at anything from 7.5k to 12k at a push, originally at the lower end but now thinking that pre-reg if I can get one would be better.

I do about 15k a year, mix of town then motorway at weekends. I tried the 1.6 petrol focus, but it felt quite sluggish on a motorway slip road compared to my current car. Is the 1.6 zetec s engine the same as mine? If so, this is probably perfect for what I need (just me, the other half and a toddler). What should I aim to pay? I'm thinking that if I'm spending atleast 10k, I want to get something with ultra low miles, if not pre reg. If zetec s still out of my reach, is the ordinary 1.6 any use? What about the 1.8?

Are there any alternatives? What like is the new shape astra 1.6sri? It has115hp, but the 0-60 time looks lacklustre - does ithave any pull at all?

Thanks!