Hyundai ix35 - iX35 2L failure to deliver - the saga continues - Doccox

The original thread was locked after a records number of posts but the problem is not only ongoing but is getting worse - unless you want a 1.7L car at the new prices - where they are almost off the shelf. One might suppos they have been made in preference rto maintain Hyundai profitability

Prove me wrong Tony Whitehorn - or whoever is responsible for the dire situation in the UK

Despite Hyundai MD statement in September of problems with delivery of the models with the 2L engine ,they evidently had NOT advised the agents / outlet who were stil taking orders and money in October 2010 ( when we ordered our iX35 2L)

Acting in good faith the garage advised us we were on their October allocated orders and now ( February) there is still no build date - despite us having paid in full to avoid VAT increases

Apparently there are 8 exact specification versions of the car we ordered with the WRONG ( 1.7L) engine at Tilbury awaiting orders at the new ( post Nov 1 and Jan VAT) prices

What is the legal position ( Trading Standards) given that the dealers have also been misled ( they don't read Honest John) as well as the customers.

Has anyone successfully got Trading standards to lean on Hyundai with a possible prosecution for offering goods for sale that they cannot deliver?

The usual contracts are with the dealer ( not Hyundai) . In the case of failuer to deliver are they not bound ( if payment has been made in full) to meet the order ( if they can )by looking to buy anywhere in the open market to satisfy the customer order?

Sympathies to any one else in the same or worse position. 4x4 cars only avaialble in 2L

Hyundai ix35 - iX35 2L failure to deliver - the saga continues - ForumNeedsModerating

So many posts on this saga! I've never waited for a car to be 'built' - it's either new or used on the forecourt or parked up as stock in a field somewhere (and usually available in days..).

Much as my saying this might irritate those who simply must have a Hyundai in magenta with leather (or whatever) etc. & go through the ridiculous & most expensive way of getting a new (or new-ish) car at full list price -- well, you' re simply big profit fodder for dealers & manufacturers.

Instead of falling for all the hype & fancy prices & options that mean you have to wait months & months... Can I suggest next time you get a Ford Kuga or similar that's quickly & easily available?

Hyundia & KIA, have imho, gotten a rather hyped-up & inflated reputation - not sure why - all their cars (apart from the i10) look tedious & are miles behind European/Japanese cars in terms of dynamic & sophistication. 5/7 year warranty? .... yawn. I think you'll find the conditions of warranty far more onerous than the standard 3-year jobby. When I see evidence that overall cost is less for cars with longer warranty (and 'warranty' has to be carefully defined here) I might be impressed. Until then, they're just ugly uninspiring cars that have gained a spurious kudos for supposed value & 'non-nonsense' - ness - a bit like Skoda before them & neither brands represent value anymore - check out the list prices (even after discounts).

As the previous poster says - sympathies to anyone else in the same or worse position.

Hyundai ix35 - iX35 2L failure to deliver - the saga continues - Collos25

I am glad I am not the only one on this forum who thinks Hyundai/Kia are poor value vehicles.

Hyundai ix35 - iX35 2L failure to deliver - the saga continues - carl_a

Hyundia & KIA, have imho, gotten a rather hyped-up & inflated reputation - not sure why - all their cars (apart from the i10) look tedious & are miles behind European/Japanese cars in terms of dynamic & sophistication.

Hyundai i10, ix20 and Kia Venga , new ix35 and Sportage are comparable or better than any vehicle in the class while being cheaper.

The i20 is a little behind but not far off, the i30 and Cee'd are designed to compete with Corolla and old Civic, they're very good vehicles and have taken the customers they were designed too. As for being miles behind, they're not, technology such as petrol engines are a generation ahead of most european manufacturers and the diesels are generally smaller units but have great MPG/Performace figures.

Hyundai/KIa also have good base specs, the base spec engines are usable, where as the likes of VW have dire engines in the bottom of the range cars. Hyundai/Kia must be doing something right, they're high up in the JD Power rankings, increasing sales year on year and selling more vehicles than Ford for the last couple of years

Hyundai ix35 - iX35 2L failure to deliver - the saga continues - barkeyo

Just as a back up here, my original post on the other thread currently open re iX35 deliveries -

Unfortunately I ordered the car on a lease deal, so changing horse to nearly new or indeed any other car isn't quite so easy. Dealer quoted delivery timescales on similar new diesels are -

1st choice: VW Tiguan - 6 months (argh!!)

2nd choice: Kia Sportage - 3 months (same factory and engine as iX35, so I'd take this with a shed load of fairy dust!)

3nd choice: Ford Kuga - 3 months (rubbish standard kit list and 20% higher monthly lease costs)

4th choice: Mitsu ASX - tbc (really struggling to like its front end!)

No disrepect to the Skoda Yeti, I'm sure its a wonderful car, but it has all the exterior design flair of a brick.

And Nissan.... never ever.

So yes, the iX35 has a value, design and kit package that's hard to ignore. It's a crying shame that the car itself has been so badly let down by their (in)ability to supply it.

Hyundai ix35 - iX35 2L failure to deliver - the saga continues - bonzo dog

Hi Woody, the build quality of Korean cars seems to me to be on par with European; the reliability is better; whether they look as good or drive as well is of course purely subjective.

However I'm more curious about your statement:

I think you'll find the conditions of warranty far more onerous than the standard 3-year jobby

I haven't checked (so i'm not knowingly trying to catch you out) but what is inferior about the KIA / Hyundai warranty compared to the "standard" 3 year one?

Hyundai ix35 - iX35 2L failure to deliver - the saga continues - Westpig

given that the dealers have also been misled ( they don't read Honest John) as well as the customers.

Of course they read HJ... and everything else relevant to their trade. Admitting to doing so, well that's another thing, they wouldn't do that would they? They'd have to admit you're right....and then do something about it.

Hyundai ix35 - iX35 2L failure to deliver - the saga continues - d.mcdowall01

i noticed you ordered on october, i ordered in July, i changed my order after a suggestion from honest john.

i originally ordered a 2ltr 4wd cassa white premium with both packs, i changed my order to the 1.7 same spec mid feb, my dealer had my car on the road 1st march.

Hyundai dont have a clue when the outstanding orders will be built, my dealer Arnold Clark in stirling was 100% honest in everything they told me as i was getting the same info from hyundai cust service, arnold Clark stirling are still waiting on a build date on my first order.

Trading standards cant do anything as nothing has been sold and in your possesion, ie no fault with product.

i asked my dealer about paying up front to avoid the vat increase, they couldn't do it without the chassis/engine number to put a sale against.

you wont get one in the open market unless its used demo etc.

i cant fault my dealer in any way they honoured the £500 free accessories that hyundai promissed for the delay even though i changed orders, dealer kept in touch with updates, im very pleased with the 1.7 version that im now driving, could be an option for you, it was honest john who recommended this change to me and im glad i did so.

Hyundai have let people down badly with failing to fullfill orders and they havn't a clue where it is untill it reaches a build que, however the car is GOOD.

Hyundai ix35 - iX35 2L failure to deliver - the saga continues - guygamps

To all those waiting months and months and months for an iX35....Surely taking payment for something that you cannot deliver is taking payment under false pretences?

I would expect that if a leasing company is involved the agreement should be able to be novated to another make/model of vehicle.

I'm not going to way up the pros and cons of the iX35, (I just bought a Peugeot 3008 and am thrilled with it) but I will just observe that I have never bought a car either new or nearly new that was not available in the flesh at the time I chose it. So I would only buy a new car if it is shown as being in the manufacturers UK stock. The idea of waiting months for a new car is just off my radar, once decision is made to change vehicle, you just want to get on with it don't you?

Guy

Hyundai ix35 - iX35 2L failure to deliver - the saga continues - Craigdm
Seems to be loads of people on here commenting about the waiting times for new cars, but I think it's just the way the world is now. The days of BL building cars and storing them on airfields is long gone.
Sure, it's nice to get your new car straight away (1 week for my IX35) but unless you're lucky enough to find a cancelled order, I'm afraid that's how things are going to be for a while.
Waited 9 weeks for a Juke turbo, and just ordered a twingo which is nearer 12 weeks!
Hyundai ix35 - iX35 2L failure to deliver - the saga continues - RT

"The days of BL building cars and storing them on airfields is long gone" - those days only existed because BL sales were poor and well below production rates - it was never a proper strategy.

Just-In-Time only works well if everything is close to equilibrium, but massive sales or sales slumps both cause major ripples to occur.

Hyundai totally underestimated demand for the new IX35, they estimated 50,000 cars last year and got orders for 100,000 - which says a lot about how good people think the car is.

Having waited 9 weeks for my Santa Fe to be built and shipped when the runners-up on my shortlist were available ex-stock - why accept second-best?

Hyundai ix35 - iX35 2L failure to deliver - the saga continues - websharon

Decided not to go for a 4wd and cancelled order last friday afer waiting from the 16th of June, decided to go for a Ford Grand C Max picking up later this week and Grand C4 Picasso looked good as well. Spoke to another Hyundai Dealer and he indicated that there were also issues not only with 2l engines but 4wd transmission and even orders placed would not be built - working on China markets. Would I buy Hyundai - I do not think so. Also if you are looking at 4wd what about the new vauxhall Antara at least if you order it should only take 12 weeks.