BMW 3 Series Touring E91 - warning lights / cd multichanger - stukez

Hi

Can anyone help ive just taken my car to the dealership because of lights warning me of headlight failure that keep coming up on my satnav display they have told me that the unit in the footwell needs replacing my car is under warranty with the company i bought the car from so the £600 for the unit didnt upset me as i wasnt paying but bmw then rang me to say that they cant update the computer to accept the new unit as an error keeps coming up that says basically i need a CD Autochanger (£505) fitted now when i bought the car it was second hand 57plate and didnt have a CD Autochanger just the basic radio cd ive since checked and i know they come prepared for a autochanger but why do i have to have one fitted just so the new unit that is being fitted will work this is costing me over £600 of my own money just so i can keep the warning lights from coming up on my Satnav Bmw told me i need to have the unit replaced as it controls all the lights and windscreen wipers etc on the car and if i dont have it replaced more problems will occur i find this amazing that i have to buy a Cd autochanger just so it will work as it should and the computer will accept it

Can anyone help on this matter ?

Stukez

BMW 3 Series Touring E91 - warning lights / cd multichanger - Collos25

You do not have to buy the BMW supplied changer a Sony changer and a connects2 adaptor will do and you can get a mp3 version.What they are teling you is rubbish I suggest you put this on a couple of BMW forums, if it does need a cd changer to make the car work tell them to supply it and see if they change their tune it must be the first car ever that requires a cd changer to work properly.

Edited by Andy Bairsto on 16/02/2011 at 23:07

BMW 3 Series Touring E91 - warning lights / cd multichanger - elekie&a/c doctor

The footwell module on these is on a different network to the radio/media system so i can't see why you now need an cd changer to make it work.If it worked ok before why can't it be made to work correctly now?Btw it is not possible to fit a non bmw changer as the system works thro a fibre optic link known as the Most system.hth

Sorry but you can with the correct convertor as in my sons new bmw where he uses his x plod cd mp3 changer.

Sorry,my sons new BMW has changed both the radio and added a cd changer Sony I think but he reassures me you can buy a convertor here in Germany to add a non standard CD changer. But having talked to him about the problem above he agrees with you the BMW agents are talking absolute rubbish he thought I was winding him up.