peugeot partner - injection pump knock - jamie2011

hi there new here got a wee problem with me van its a 1.9 dw8

basicaly i had my cambelt snap so had overhaul this out an put a new lump in swapped all the parts over straight swap really but now iv got a terrible knock and it sounds like its coming from the injection pump.

i start it up from cold and its fine no engine managment light on nothin then a little rev and there goes the horrid knock then the engine managment light comes on then goes off when letting off on the accelrator.

then when driving along the engine managment light comes on along with the horrid knock then ill push a little harder on the rev's and the battery light comes on and the handbrake light but the knock stops . when i ease off the hbrake light goes off and battery light goes off and it starts knocking further slowing down and the engine managment light goes off then knocking stops...

any information would be apreciated

peugeot partner - injection pump knock - Peter.N.

Sounds like a faulty injector, does it sound as though its only knocking on one cylinder?

to be honest it sounds like its literally the pump knocking its head off. but i have noticed a slight leak on the injector with the connecting sensor wire.i will tighten this and repost

see if that may be the problem cheers

peugeot partner - injection pump knock - Peter.N.

Never heard of a pump knocking, they usually clatter. Try removing the the wire from the injector and see if it makes any difference, if not could be the sensor in the injector has failed.

yes exzactly that its clatterin its head off but will try these few things tomorow..
cheers

Never heard of a pump knocking, they usually clatter. Try removing the the wire from the injector and see if it makes any difference, if not could be the sensor in the injector has failed.

i wonder what is the cause of this clatter noise ...

peugeot partner - injection pump knock - track
Is it a delphi fuel pump? Sounds similar issues to when the advance solenoid in the front of the pump fails.
Is it a delphi fuel pump? Sounds similar issues to when the advance solenoid in the front of the pump fails.

yh im affraid its a lucas pump iv heard these tend to give up...

quick question tho wot is the small black eletronic box on top of pump that appears to connect to the loom.

iv got a spare pump but the connections are totally diffrent which connect to the loom with the square connections instead of the existing three pin plug in a row...stumped i think i may very well be.. and its another lucaspump lol

i might see if i can get myself a bosh pump part ex with the one i have got and some cash...