Honda Jazz - Honda Jazz-cheaper in Scotland? - JimmyV

Dear Fellow Members,

I am looking to buy an automatic Honda jazz in a price range of 5000 pounds. Because the CVT is quiet expensive to repair, I would like to buy from an approved honda dealer. When I search I found that my nearby showrooms(in London) quote 6000 and above for a 2004 model, but showrooms in Glasgow and Cumbria quote below 5000! Especially Glasgow showroom quote 4500! I am just wondering what is the catch. I dont mind travelling to Glasgow for buying a car and drive it back to London if I can save more than 1500 pounds? Is there any point I am missing.

Honda Jazz - Honda Jazz-cheaper in Scotland? - NARU

My uncle used to source cars in Scotland and sell them in the South East on a regular basis; it seemed that certain cars had bigger price differentials than others.

There simply might not be that much demand for a relatively expensive Honda in Glasgow.

Or it might be that the car is a dog. I'd get the salesman to go out to the car and descibe it to me in considerable detail - scuffs, state of the interior etc before I booked the ticket.

I used a website called allapprovedcars.co.uk (which at the time only covered main dealers - it seems to have been renamed and include other dealers now) and set up an alert on new cars matching my spec being uploaded. As a result, the website told me of a suitable car up in Derby and I was the first to see it (despite living 200 miles away). I bought it within 12 hours of it going up on the website and got a bargain.

Honda Jazz - Honda Jazz-cheaper in Scotland? - Berisford

We were looking for a late model CVT Jazz last summer and trawled the Midlands looking for something suitable and I was surprised (and curious) that many of the vehicles had been owned by people in Scotland!

Seems there might be quite a good trade in cross border jazz traffic.

Berisford,

Thank you. I will defenitely see the cross border options.

Marlot,

Thank you. I will make sure that I get a clear picture of the condition of the car. Mechanically the car should be in good condition because otherwise they cannot give an 1 year warrany on the car. The website is an excellent point, I searched for it in google and I got the new name carmony.co.uk . Thank you very much.

Edited by JimmyV on 26/01/2011 at 10:24

Honda Jazz - Honda Jazz-cheaper in Scotland? - Collos25

"Mechanically the car should be in good condition because otherwise they cannot give an 1 year warrany on the car."

Don't you believe it.

Honda Jazz - Honda Jazz-cheaper in Scotland? - colinh

This report in the DT last weekend may explain the uneven distribution/popularity of Jazzes:

"The Jazz has established itself in the supermini sector, but owners have an average age of 65 years and an average annual income of £34,465 compared with 55 years and £36,458 for the segment. In other words, a fair proportion of Jazz owners are pensioners and, according to the Office for National Statistics, in 2008-09 fewer than 15 per cent of pensionable couples had an income in excess of £30,000; Jazz owners are some of Britain’s wealthiest wrinklies"