Lotus Elise - Car insurance problem - l_cookster

Hi,

I went to renew my insurance policy and i told them about some previous motoring convictions that occured some years ago as which i hadnt told them about because i didnt realise i had to. anyhow they are now trying to backdate charges to when i received those convictions despite the fact there related to an insurance policy a couple of years ago and i never made a claim and they possibly would never have paid out. Can they do this and is there not an obligation on insurance companies to check information with the dvla, if they do make such checks and are aware of your motoring convictions should they be selling me insurance?

Many thanks - your help would be much appreciated.

Lotus Elise - Car insurance problem - Falkirk Bairn

You took out a policy without disclosing salient facts - i.e. you got cover at a lower price by deception - if you had crashed into a 3rd party they would have been liable.

You did not crash but they are perfectly at liberty to ask / pursue for the increased premiums you avoided.

Lotus Elise - Car insurance problem - ajsdoc

You should pay back the money.

Lotus Elise - Car insurance problem - LucyBC

They can claim the difference between what you were charged and what you would have been charged had they been aware of the offences.

It's difficult to get away from these as they will log the data on various insurance industry databases.