what is this box?......... - stevie nicks
there is a box connected somehow to the manifold on my mondeo zetec 1.6 which is blowing, it is situated just infront of the fan and has a couple of pipes connected to it. I have contacted local ford dealer today who said they cant fit it in to look at until a week wednesday, dont realy want to wait that long. The reason for this question is to determine what this box is called so i can purchase a gasket for it, thats what seems to be causing the fault. I should be able to fit it on my own ( hopefully ).....any ideas would be a big help.....
what is this box?......... - David Davies
From your description I'd say that the pulse air unit is leaking and I think you will need a new aluminium cover if it is blowing out exhaust gas all the time.On the other hand it is normal for some noise to be emitted from the unit when it is in operation-it is only used just after starting a cold engine to admit extra air to the exhaust system and enable the catalytic converter to heat up quicker.
David Davies (Tune-Up Raglan)
what is this box?......... - stevie nicks
Cheers for that info David, is it an easy to do job for a novice? and where is the best place to purchase one ( a dealer ).....any idea on the prices of them too?