WHERE WERE THE OLD FORD FIESTAS BUILT? - Carmad 10000
Hi,

My sister has a 1999 T reg Ford Fiesta which i think is the MK4? I have been considering an MK5 and I did a VIN number check on both these cars and it said Origin as 'GERMANY' - does this mean where it was supplied from - i.e. grey import or does this mean where it was built...

What confused me is the fact my sister had a crash and the mechanic said they were good as they were built in germany...however i was possitive they were made in dagenahm - also it said on the VIN check PRODUCT SOURCE BRENTWOOD, ENGLAND (OWN ASSEMBLY).

Infact...heres the entire VIN check details for ease..

W COUNTRY OF ORIGIN- GERMANY
F0 MANUFACTURER - FORD WERKE AKTIENGESELLSCHAFT, KOLONIA GERMANY
B BODY STYLE - 3 DOOR SALOON
XX CONSTANT - CONSTANT
B PRODUCT SOURCE - BRENTWOOD, ENGLAND (OWN ASSEMBLY)
A ASSEMBLY PLANT - DAGENAHM, KOLN, IPIRANGA
J MODEL - FIESTA
B SAME AS POSITION BODY STYLE - 3 DOOR HATCH
1D YEAR AND MONTH (YYYY/MM) OF BUILD - 2001/11
****** (blanked for security) SEQUENCE NUMBER SERIAL NUMBER
****** (blanked for security) ENGINE SEQUENCE NUMBER SERIAL NUMBER

What does it mean? - this is the car i was going to buy from Motorpoint and was told it was a UK car...i aint so sure now..
WHERE WERE THE OLD FORD FIESTAS BUILT? - TrevorP
Valencia.
WHERE WERE THE OLD FORD FIESTAS BUILT? - J Bonington Jagworth
Ford Europe is run from Germany AFIK, but new Fiestas are made in Dagenham. That's where daughter's new one came from, anyway, 'cos it was late and the dealer had to 'fess up.

I'm sure Trevor's right about the old ones - the Spanish origin had a bearing on the choice of name...
WHERE WERE THE OLD FORD FIESTAS BUILT? - Galaxy
Not any more they're not!

Nothing is built at Dagenham now, only parts that are manufactured for companies within the Ford group. The last complete vehicle, which actually was a Fiesta, rolled off the production line about a year ago.