Well fancy that.. - CM
The largest bill for fictious work carried out on a woman's car by garage mechanics was on of £6322.88 by ********** of Stevenage. Calling in for a routine service on her 1 year old Peugeout 305 Mrs June ***** agreed to pay for amongst other things: new trumpets (£752), cracked Gangle Pin (£1785), realignemnet of main glib shaft (£2268), new gromets (£112), set of hexagonal Tag nuts and dangleberry adapter (£35) and new valves (£120). No work was actually carried out on the car during its 6 weeks it spent at the garage but 4000 miles were put on the clock and she later received a speeding summons from Italian police.
Well fancy that.. - Toad, of Toad Hall.
I got my gangle pins replaced for half that!

True story:

Mates bird went Fastish Fit [1] place for a new exhaust.

260 quid quote.

Mate went to same place in the same week.

80 quid quote.

[1] Not Kwik Fit.
--
These are my own opinions, and not necessarily those of all Toads.
Well fancy that.. - volvoman
Thanks for that CM - all BackRoomers will be able to avoid ********** of Stevenage from now on !

Strange name ********** though (TIC).
Well fancy that.. - Dynamic Dave
Strange name ********** though...

That's just their password :o)
Well fancy that.. - Robin
Well, fancy nicking things from The Sexist Book of Records and not letting on. Tsk Tsk.

(for those not familiar with said Sexist Book of Records, it is a Viz Comic publication and can be viewed on-line at:

www.viz.co.uk/joyofsexism/records/page01.htm

Very funny

[please use cut and paste to follow this link. And be aware it is Viz. M.]
Well fancy that.. - HF
Well Robin, having clicked your link, I have to agree that that particular page is funny, albeit that I didn't think too much of the rest of the site.
HF
Well fancy that.. - Robin
Whoops, should have pointed out that Viz is not really family tea-time reading material. Lavatorial is perhaps the kindest thing that one can say about it.
Well fancy that.. - crazed
yea but didnt those saabs handbrake work on teh front wheels so the smoke from the rear wheels is obviously wrong ?

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

frnarr fnarr fnarr

what yer lookin at like pet
Well fancy that.. - HF
hi crazed, not sure if you're talking to me or not! If you are then please let me know cos I haven't the slightest idea what you mean?! thanks :(
HF
Well fancy that.. - HF
yeah, Robin, I know - my point was that your link WAS funny!
HF