nissan qashqai acenta 2wd cvt - cekay

my engine has blown burning one of the valves barely 6months after last servicing and car is only 3yrs old. the dealership servicing/repairs gave me a £5,000 reoair quote. i and the dealership i bought the car from contacted Nissan but they would not help in any way saying the car is out of warranty and as such would not help in any way.

anybody with similar problems or able to proffer any helpful suggestions?

nissan qashqai acenta 2wd cvt - SteveLee
It seems Nissan have are now plagued with Renault's "flair".

How many miles has the car done? If it has a full service history and lowish miles surely Nissan can be persuaded?
nissan qashqai acenta 2wd cvt - Collos25

Nissan lost all credibility when it started to make and sell what are really Renaults.With french flair the word NON is top of Nissans vocabulary.

Edited by Andy Bairsto on 19/12/2010 at 13:24

nissan qashqai acenta 2wd cvt - AnotherWaiting

"burning one of the valves" can you elaborate?

Most catastrophic engine failures can be dealt with either by a new 'short engine' or a new cyclinder head assembly which includes camshaft & valves etc so struggling to understand how they have got to £5,000 even with 'theft labor'.

Even with a complete new unit would the cost reach £5k ?? unless in this case has all the ancillary parts such as fuel system ,electronics & ECU etc have been destroyed

Do you mean some sort of engine fire?

Edited by AnotherWaiting on 19/12/2010 at 17:19

nissan qashqai acenta 2wd cvt - barney100

that is some repair quote! I thought Nissans were supposed to be ultra reliable. They used to be really tough cars years ago with not much style admittedly but went on and on.