rover 75 estate - car checks - senorita

I have recently been looking to buy a new car, after looking at a few i deciced to get some car checks done so there is no worries but what a diffrence in prices for these checks, a friend of mine has been stung before as a car he bought had outstanding finance on it so i wanted to make sure that wouldnt happen to me.

The free checks dont tell you much at all and the couple of quid checks dont offer finance history, then it jumps up to 20 quid. Experian does do a deal where you can do multiple checks that brings the price down but is still 20 for one.

I have found some information on www.vehiclecheckuk.co.uk

it appears that only two companies have access to outstanding finance, these are hpi and experian auto check.The reason why you cant recieve any free car checks is because buying the data from the dvla just the basic data costs £26,000 upfront then £6000 pm there after.

rover 75 estate - car checks - LucyBC
I looked into this when we were researching which to recommend and the HPI service seemed the most comprehensive.

Please note though the check itself is not enough - you also need to undertake the additional measures to verify the owner, the vehicle and the address or the insurance policy which covers any losses incurred by something missed on the check will not protect you.