Private parkingg - Need advice - GP7
Hi all, first post hopefully put it in the right place.

I'm in Central Scotland and we have a rear private car park servicing 3 blocks of flats which sit around 3 edges of the car park (the 4th sits on the edge of industrial complex)

We all have assigned parking bays with some extra bays for visitors etc. The problem is one of our new neighbours has taken to parking outwith any of the bays and is blocking our exit from our spot more often than not. We are generally parked in a bay with a car either side of us. The neighbour parks their car side on (we face driver side of offending vehicle in rear view) with only a cars width between us we have on a few occasions been forced to leave the car as unable to negotiate leaving the space without damaging other vehicles.

I spoke to the guy today in the car park as no one ever answers the door when we knock it and advised him of this, he was completely dissinterested and quite categorically told me they would not be parking elsewhere and continued to park in the same spot.

My question is, what can I do regarding this?
Private parkingg - Need advice - Falkirk Bairn

Get a couple of pals and block him in. Leave a note saying No 12 or whatever.

Just watch your car - any damage is criminal damage-the police will attend if that happens.

Private parkingg - Need advice - bathtub tom

Is it taxed? tinyurl.com/a9n9jm

Is it insured? www.askmid.com/askmid.aspx

The attitude of the driver raises these questions.

Where did the block type appear from?

Private parkingg - Need advice - Dutchie

If you and your neighbours had to leave your cars due to this neighbours inconsiderate parking.You have to take action together like the above post is saying is the car insured and taxed?You could be dealing with a bully and sometimes you have to take these people head on no matter how big or hard they appear to be.I know this is not easy but block him in once and see how he likes it.

Private parkingg - Need advice - old_codger

I used to have similar issues when I lived in Essex. I would advise against blocking in with your car, because you are likely to get damage to your car and you won't be able to prove who did it.

As we were all council tenants, the council helped to deal with my problem (evenutally). If its a private block the management company might be easier to deal with (you might even be a shareholder if its run by the residents). I know of one blocks where the residents have put up a few signs and bought themselves a wheelclamp - not that expensive and easy enough to organise if there is enough of you who share the same problem. Disadvantage is that it might take a bit of time though....