Ford C-MAX 2.0 TDCI GHIA - C-Max electrical failure due to heated rear window - Lee RossOnWye

Had an issue with battery not charging and fault was isolated to the alarm sounder. During invesitigation at main dealer multiple circuits were isolated to locate fault. After car had been fixed multiple items on car fail when heated rear window turned on, fault is not consistent and can not locate fault. When heated rear window operated the radio switches off completely (no time on screen), rear window heater does not operate (light on dash operates) interior lights do not work, rear wash wipe does not operate and rear door locks do not work, there may be others but have not checked operation of all eatures but all other electrical systems seem to function correctly.

When I have the fault you can here the relays operate for the rear window and wash wipe but nothing happens. After a while the (10 minutes) or after the car has been switched off for a while the systems come back to life I then have to reenter the car radio code. There seems to be a problem with a common supply to these circuits but without a wiring schematic I have no idea what connections to check and the fault seems to clear itself when at the main dealer so they can not locate the fault.

Ford C-MAX 2.0 TDCI GHIA - C-Max electrical failure due to heated rear window - elekie&a/c doctor

Can you supply year of manufacture and is it auto/manual?

Ford C-MAX 2.0 TDCI GHIA - C-Max electrical failure due to heated rear window - Lee RossOnWye

2005 euro IV engine, manual gear box.