Ford Mondeo - Ford mondeo mk3 front suspension knocking - bigmennie

Hi the front suspension is knocking i have replaced both front link bars and now both front wishbone's, and it still knocks mainly on the front left mechanic has checked every thing and all is fine he can only put it down to the shock absorber but he is not sure as it isen't a noise associated with the shocker help please.

Thanks

Ford Mondeo - Ford mondeo mk3 front suspension knocking - MAN-SLAG

I have exactly the same problem from the passenger side only. I have had the car checked by two seperate garages and it has also recently passed its m.o.t test with a clean bill of health even though i mentioned the knock from the suspension. On all occasions no fault was found however the knock is obvious inside the car when driving over small bumps. The antiroll drop links have been changed as precaution but the knock still exists. The car is great in everyway but the knock is really cheesing me off now.

Have you found the source of the problem with your car??

Ford Mondeo - Ford mondeo mk3 front suspension knocking - digger128

Hi, I have exactly the same problem on my mk4 mondeo, its an irritating knock/rattle that is more pronounced at slow speed on rougher roads, also worse with a passengers weight, I have it booked into a ford garage next tuesday. I have been looking at ford forums and it seems to be the shock absorber failing, did you get yours looked at?

Ford Mondeo - Ford mondeo mk3 front suspension knocking - Stockers

Hi,

I have the same problem. What did the ford garage say about it?

Cheers

Ford Mondeo - Ford mondeo mk3 front suspension knocking - MAN-SLAG

I have sorted the problem !!!!

4 garages later. Although each garage said they could find no play in any joints, the forth said they had had this problem on a hand full of cars in the past. On each occasion they have replaced the small bushes that hold the anti roll bar to the front subframe. simply clamped down by a simple bracket with two bolts.

While the car was on the ramp they showed me there was no play in the old bushes before they removed them. 2 new bushes later the car no drives silently down the road knock free and is again a joy to drive. Hope this is of help to all of you suffering from the same annoying knocks.

Ford Mondeo - Ford mondeo mk3 front suspension knocking - shami
I recently had a similar knocking noise from the suspension in my mk4 golf which became annoying when driving on poor roads. My local mechanic correctly diagnosed the antiroll bar bushes. I watched the mechanic change them and compared the ones he took off with the new ones and there was approx 2mm difference in the internal diameters of the holes. Bushes cost £10 for the pair and brackets about £12.00. Has transformed the handling and the steering feels more direct. Well worth the spend.