2.2 dci x-trail - deisel x-trail fuel pump problem sorted. - taxi paddy

i have found a cheap and reliable way of repairing my x-trail. the symtoms were as it would suddenly go into limp mode and i would turn off the ingition and back on again and it would be fine for another few miles until it done it again. a nissan dealer told me it wa about €2000 to replace the fuel pump and it would sort out the problem. i took out the fuel pump and i looked at it closely to see how it worked and what could go wrong. on the side of the fuel pump there is a silver switch in a barrel shape held on by two small bolts and this switch is a fuel pressure switch. i found a deisel switch supplier and the switch cost me €93. when i fitted the new switch it had to be programmed by a nissan computer and that cost me €25. the problem is cured and its never happened again in over 50000 kilometers. its a lot cheaper than a whole new pump at €2000.

2.2 dci x-trail - deisel x-trail fuel pump problem sorted. - Collos25

A man after my own heart,congratulations.They would have taken your €2000 and smiled all the way to the bank.

2.2 dci x-trail - deisel x-trail fuel pump problem sorted. - Peter.N.

Yes, well done

2.2 dci x-trail - deisel x-trail fuel pump problem sorted. - smeegle

i have found a cheap and reliable way of repairing my x-trail. the symtoms were as it would suddenly go into limp mode and i would turn off the ingition and back on again and it would be fine for another few miles until it done it again. a nissan dealer told me it wa about €2000 to replace the fuel pump and it would sort out the problem. i took out the fuel pump and i looked at it closely to see how it worked and what could go wrong. on the side of the fuel pump there is a silver switch in a barrel shape held on by two small bolts and this switch is a fuel pressure switch. i found a deisel switch supplier and the switch cost me €93. when i fitted the new switch it had to be programmed by a nissan computer and that cost me €25. the problem is cured and its never happened again in over 50000 kilometers. its a lot cheaper than a whole new pump at €2000.

Hi there, i have the same problem with my 2004 xtrail but iam struggling to locate the fuel pump and/or suction control valve, any chance you can point me in the right direction

Thanks

2.2 dci x-trail - deisel x-trail fuel pump problem sorted. - Finners

Hi there, I read your message quite some time ago & i'm back again!!

Problem started with same symptoms as yours... going into limp-home mode.. turn off ignition & start again..problem gone.. until next time. It was always a good starter but then it would take a few more cranks in mornings to start & then a few minutes to run sweet. Then i can't quite remember... it either didn't/wouldn't start and/or he changed the fuel filter & it has never started since!! ( By the way,, we're both quite experienced with older diesel engines & mechanical things!!) That was months ago now. We have tried various things but to no avail. Yesterday, still suspecting the low-pressure pump i disconnected the fuel line on the engine side of the filter & tried with ignition on & cranking the engine to see if there was fuel pumping up to the high-pressure pump..... Not a drop!!! Not knowing what is actually meant to happen at start-up i don't know whether this is correct or not!! I suspect that fuel Should be pumping through!! Our trouble is that we are over three hours from nearest city with a Nissan diagnostic machine AND heard stories that machine often doesn't pick up the problem anyway!! Six hour round trip for that does not inspire my father at all.... or me tbh!! We tried the local garages one but it didn't "speak" correctly to the car, so none the wiser!!

Sooo,, just wondering if you had any other symptoms before yours went into limp-home or if you found out any other info in the process of fixing yours?? And also if you have info on the diesel switch that you replaced?? And where you got it??

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated from you... or anyone else reading this!!!

Thank a million.

Finners ;0)