Parking Ticket - UPDATE - dazzsaward

Below is a quick recap of the original post:

I recently received a parking ticket for an offence that I believe I did not commit.

My vehicle was parked in a residents parking bay where non-residents are granted a 2 hour parking window with a further no return within 2 hour restriction (hope that makes sense).

I left the bay and then returned a few minutes AFTER the 2 hour no return period had expired. However, the civil enforcement officer claims that I had not left the bay and hence overstayed the 2 hour limit and I was hence fined.

I had lodged an appeal to the ticket and recently received a reply from the council claiming that the civil enforcement officer recording the valve positions of my tyres and hence could prove that my car had not moved during the 2 hours and hence I had overstayed the 2 hour limit. There is the usual accompanying photographic evidence but in my eyes this does not prove anything.

Do Civil Enforcement officers actually record valve placement/location information or are the council trying to fob me off???????????

Anyway, I've heard back from the council regarding the recording of the valve positions. The council have also sent me the CEO's handwritten notes from his notebook (not PDA device). The council letter says " The valve on the tyre of the vehicle is recorded as if looking at the hour hand on a clock face. The reading is recorded from the wheels on the kerbside of the vehicle, front and rear..."

The notes and the letter show that at the initial recording taken by the CEO show my vehicles valve positions to be "front 6 and rear 1". However when the CEO returned after the 2 hour window had passed, he now recorded my valve positions as front 5 and rear 1. Surely this proves that I had moved as the same CEO has now stated that my front wheel's valve position was different???????????????

Any thoughts as to how best to proceed? As always many thanks.

Parking Ticket - UPDATE - Fullchat

"The notes and the letter show that at the initial recording taken by the CEO show my vehicles valve positions to be "front 6 and rear 1". However when the CEO returned after the 2 hour window had passed, he now recorded my valve positions as front 5 and rear 1. Surely this proves that I had moved as the same CEO has now stated that my front wheel's valve position was different???????????????"

Why not point that out to them? Clearly one was not in the same position (just). Element of doubt.

Thanks Fullchat. That's what I intend to do but just thought I'd ask the question in case I was missing the obvious etc. :)

Parking Ticket - UPDATE - conara
Hi looks like they need a lesson in telling the time , did you get a photo copy of the note book page ? And 5 is not 6 I am so amazed that they don't use PDA,s as you can esaly alter a note book, well done so far keep going and stick it to the man !!!

Yes, they have sent me photocopies of the relevant pages from the CEO's handbook.

Parking Ticket - UPDATE - conara
They must allow an error factor, because if in his notes he has it down as 6 and 1 then 5 and 1, I would ask them what thair allowance is if they respond with 0 then ask them when is 5 a 6 Good luck