Vauxhall Zafira 2001 1.6 - Rough Running - clewsy01

Hi, my zafira has started to run rough once its warmed up. It started when I stopped once and the idle rev's decreased. Not to stall but very lumpy. Its the Z16XE engine

Next day the EML came on and it went to limp mode and was very very lumpy and sounded like it had a mis-fire. I got the code read at my local garage that I deliver to as im a postman and the mechanic told me that it was a coil pack issue. (i did not get the code). I bought a new coil pack and it seemed to work,. however this morning the fault came back.

This afternoon I have removed all the air intakes and the air filter and checked were all clear. I checked the spark plugs and they were jet black, and they have only been in three months. I have cleaned them up and put them back in, I also cleaned up the EGR valve and the car drove ok, but just wondering if there could be something I am missing as if it does it again it will be going into the garage.

A bit confusing and hoping that there maybe something simple I am missing.

Michael

Vauxhall Zafira 2001 1.6 - Rough Running - Collos25

More than likley it was the EGR valve they need keeping clean.

Yes, I was think a simular thing, I used to have an astra with the Z14XE engine and I had the juddering when driving (theres a thread on here somewhere about that issue on my car) and changing the egr for a new one and hay presto.

so do you think the egr would cause the symptoms? I cleaned it out of habit, so i really hope that was the cause.
Any more suggestions? The car has done it again this morning!!!, it seems to have done this when the temp is below 4 degrees, could that be co-incidence.

michael

Got the full code, its 0301, misfire cyliner 1. I have tried a new coil pack and plugs,and did not help would this now start to piont to an injector fault?

Edited by clewsy01 on 24/11/2010 at 13:22

Ok, really need some help now. the car has just had a new egr done, and its still the same. vauxhall just says the fault codes are misfires and they cannot understand why.

so its had, new plugs, coil pack, egr and temperature intake sensor and still the same. puzzled!