2006 Mazda 6 Petrol - Overheating after service - johncyprus

My 55k Mazda 6 has just had it's annual service by the local Mazda dealer and since then it's overheating and the heating and air con are working sporadically. The coolant was replaced and the air con system was serviced. I've only done about 30 miles and three times the temp gauge has gone to the red line. The coolant in the tank seems cool and I've released the cap on the rad and it's boiled over loosing maybe half a pint of fluid and the temperature gauge returns to normal. The car is still under a Mazda dealer warranty and will be going back to the dealer on Friday. Otherwise the car has been brilliant. Forewarned is forearmed, any ideas chaps?.

Edited by johncyprus on 20/10/2010 at 09:51

2006 Mazda 6 Petrol - Overheating after service - Singlish

Normally I would say sticking thermostat, but I cannot think why that would be a result of a coolant change, also this would have no effect on the air con, or the heater?

I look forward to hearing the eventual diagnosis.

Singlish

2006 Mazda 6 Petrol - Overheating after service - Robin the Technician

Get the vehicle back to the garage who serviced it asap!!! Clearly they have not refilled the engine with coolant correctly. If you continue to drive it you run the real risk of wrecking the engine.

Robin the Technician

2006 Mazda 6 Petrol - Overheating after service - Collos25

T.here is air in system not properly bled

Many thanks for the replies. I will take the car back tomorrow and let you know the result.

Edited by johncyprus on 22/10/2010 at 00:57

2006 Mazda 6 Petrol - Overheating after service - madf

Make sure you give them a detailed and dated written complaint.

Reason: if the HG goes out of warranty due to prior overheating...

The problem was an air lock which the garage took responsibility for. All fixed now, we hope. I spoke to the service manager who will make a small refund re a wasted half day to return the car and more importantly, send me a letter re the circumstances in case of any relevent engine problems post warranty. Thanks again.