Vauxhall Corsa 1.0 53plate - Tapping at idle when warm - AlexB92

Righ, after reading several thousand things about tapping Corsa I am confused. I'd like a full uncomplicated explanation of what could happen if anything. For around 5k my Corsa when the engine is right up to temperature will tap very regularly at idle, in a constant rhytem. The tapping has been getting louder and louder but i just don't have the money to sort it out or get it seen to. If i drive the car very spiritedly it will tap even louder. And i have just noticed but on start up there is a odd noise, but I only noticed it today, so it might not be an everyday occurance. I also couldnt describe the noise to you. And it has just started staying on start up INSP on the mile ometer reading sign thing for around a minute. The car has done 37,500 miles give or take. and the last service was performed by my grandad at round 28k to 29k. The last documented dealer service was at 21k.

It's not that i dont know about cars, I know alot about them, but I'm not mechanically minded in the car world, just factually minded.

A good, simple explanation will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.